Attn veterans !.....Covid vaccine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have to be enrolled in the VA healthcare system to get the vaccine through them? Or just have proof of veteran status?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have to be enrolled in the VA healthcare system to get the vaccine through them? Or just have proof of veteran status?

Not sure about your situation since your eligible for retirement benefits.
You do have to be enrolled into the VA system though otherwise to receive services.
If a veteran can prove they have a service connected disability, and it’s 40% or over you get the eligibility for medical treatment that is connected to your disability no matter what your income is.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. Yeah, but when are the PCM's going to receive the vaccine? It seems every medical facility but the small ones are obtaining the vaccine.

Yeah, it does seem that way. A friend of mine was admitted to the V.A. in OKC for COVID complications last week and he pinged me a couple times to tell me the hospital was giving the vaccine to all ages on a couple different days...so it seems their supply is pretty good.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The VA was vets 75 and older at first then they dropped down to 65 and older a few weeks ago......if in the OKC area probably best to call the appointment reservation number I posted at the beginning of this thread (405-456-7119) to see if they are still in the 65 and older group or if it's now open to all vets regardless of age, they would also probably have the number of other VA facilities, not in the OKC area, that are giving the vaccinations.

For me it's been a little over 24 hrs. and so far so good on my second vaccination.....just the normal slight tenderness at the vaccination site.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thankfully my PCP set me up with the vaccination through the St. Francis/Warren Clinic group. The nurse/practitioner who takes care of the geriatric patients called me to offer the vax. Got my second shot on the 11th. For me, I had less discomfort than with the first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom