Attorney General Jeff Sessions submits resignation in letter to President Donald Trump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think they should shut down Mueller's investigation, but rather put a deadline on it. Like any politician, if Trump, or someone in his camp broke the law, they should be held accountable. But this limbo of results needs to end.

New AG should be Trey Gowdy. That dude would wreck corruption if he could keep his own office in line.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think they should shut down Mueller's investigation, but rather put a deadline on it. Like any politician, if Trump, or someone in his camp broke the law, they should be held accountable. But this limbo of results needs to end.

New AG should be Trey Gowdy. That dude would wreck corruption if he could keep his own office in line.
Sadly, I don't think it will go to Gowdy. I'm betting on another senator that has recently became Trump's biggest cheerleader.
Gowdy would absolutely be the best for the office.

What's amazing the leftist position on Sessions. They trashed him every time his name was mentioned, and now that he is gone, he is their victim of Trump. The DNC chairman said today that Trump firing Sessions is worse than watergate.
WTF does that even mean?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The DNC chairman said today that Trump firing Sessions is worse than watergate.
WTF does that even mean?

They think Sessions recusal was what would allow Mueller to take down Trump. Now they think the interim will unilaterally shut him down. In their minds, it would be a cover up of POTUS crime, like Watergate. As much as the left despised Sessions, they respected his decision to let Mueller investigate.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right, I didn't think there were any limits to the scope of the "investigation"?
That’s the problem. They say it’s one thing and it ultimately winds up being all about something completely different.

I was opposed to the Clinton investigation turning from legitimate criminal acts, to getting a little nookie from the chubby intern and not wanting to admit it. That isn’t and never should be a crime. Wrong yes, crime no.

So I feel exactly the same way now. Either the Trump campaign acted in a criminal conspiracy with Russian agents, or they didn’t. It really SHOULD be that simple.

Oh, and I think the new AG should be Alan Dershowitz. A lot of this ridiculous nonsense would stop under him. We have enough legitimate criminals out there to chase. We don’t need to be creating more for political reasons.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s the problem. They say it’s one thing and it ultimately winds up being all about something completely different.

I was opposed to the Clinton investigation turning from legitimate criminal acts, to getting a little nookie from the chubby intern and not wanting to admit it. That isn’t and never should be a crime. Wrong yes, crime no.

So I feel exactly the same way now. Either the Trump campaign acted in a criminal conspiracy with Russian agents, or they didn’t. It really SHOULD be that simple.

Oh, and I think the new AG should be Alan Dershowitz. A lot of this ridiculous nonsense would stop under him. We have enough legitimate criminals out there to chase. We don’t need to be creating more for political reasons.

Dad and I were discussing him just yesterday. He's a pretty hard lefty, but he has been very honest in discussing the legalities of the Trump administration, even to the point of losing a lot of friends in real life--they flat out won't speak to him over it. We've been very impressed at his integrity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom