August Tinker Gun Club "Eat 'N' Shoot"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it is not on Tinker. The only base I know of in Oklahoma that will allow anyone to transport a gun on base is Fort Sill. The Range is out by Pink, Oklahoma. We will meet at Delta Cafe at 11:20 on the 16th of August and eat lunch, then following lunch we will "caravan" to the range and shoot from 1 p.m-about 4:30 p.m., we need to start cleaning up and packing it in around that time so we can be out of Ken's hair by 5 p.m.

Here is the contact info and address of the range.
20264 Fishmarket Road
Tecumseh, OK 74873
Contact Person: Ken Caudle
Phone: 405-598-8220

And here is the info for the restaurant.

Delta Cafe #124
4734 N. Kickapoo
Shawnee, Oklahoma 74801
405-273-4100

Hope this helps and hope to see ya there.
Also if y'all that match our membership requirements have'nt already visit our website and sign up there as I send out newsletters with the info about our meetings and such from their, saves alot of time being able to click one button and e-mail everyone:D.

-Andrew R. Powers

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so is this an actual gun range or is it just someone's land that lets you do this every now and then?

i'm new to tinker, but not new to firearms. i'm interested in going and putting some more rounds through my new AR :-)

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is an actual range on Ken Caudle's land he is listed in the range directory of this site. I just know he run's it secondary to his primary job here at Tinker. Best thing to do if ya want to go out there is to call ahead and see if he is open. Hope this helps.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also work on tinker and had no idea that there was even a gun club! ya'll need some flyers. However i would also be interesed if this is open to everyone. was the date set on the sun the 16th?

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the date is set on the 16th. And it is open to all Tinker employees (Civil Service and current contractors), Military members (Active Duty, Reserve, Retired) and their Family members.

This is from our site regulations they can also be found there;
Club Membership
For an Individual Membership, you must be: (1) Be an employee at Tinker AFB, either civilian, military, or contract labor, (2) a retiree from the military, or (3) be a dependent of one of the above. Contractors may be members providing their normal workplace is full time on Tinker AFB; such as contract labor personnel performing similar work in conjunction with Civilian or Military personnel that possess a Base entry badge.

Law Enforcement Officers, Elected officials, and sponsors/advertisers will be granted Honorary Memberships as they are vital to the growth of the club and can provide insight to many questions that members may have.

And B-52 Sheetmetal where I work is on mandatory OT so it was Sunday or not at all. 13 days on/1 day off =(

And I have yet to find a range in OKC I like as well as this one in Tecumseh.
Plus the range operator/owner is one of us. The only other outdoor range would be Canadian Ranges (Banner Road) and personally I don't like the setup or the fact that he does not allow shotguns or any rapid fire/Full auto.

With winter coming we will likely have to move to meeting in OKC, perhaps try the new range in Edmond. I just have come to realize after visiting outdoor ranges that I hate going to H&H because of their poor ventilation. Sorry but I get enough crap in my lungs/bloodstream at work and after a few hours at H&H I am blowing black snot out of my nose, that can't be a good thing.:puke:

Hope to see everyone there. And for those who have'nt already and are eligable members please visit our site and register and tell a co-worker.

-Andrew R. Powers
http://www.tinkergunclub.org

Latest posts

Top Bottom