Aurora

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Nebraska a bit earlier

20240510_215247.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the area where we live and with the naked eye, I couldn't tell the Aurora from the normal OKC city lights. We also have some serious light pollution here as well, what with our own RV park's lights and the RV park across the road. A friend at church (Mustang area) and his daughter (Edmond area) both got photos, but I didn't even try. I would have had to gotten dressed and drove somewhere that trees and lights wouldn't have affected things.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Logan Co. Got lucky taking the dogs out for the evening and went out with them to see if anything was visible. This was between about 9:55 and 10:15.

I have a friend in S. Georgia that saw them too at the same time.

Pretty cool to say the least!
This is what I was able to see while out with our dogs as well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In the area where we live and with the naked eye, I couldn't tell the Aurora from the normal OKC city lights. We also have some serious light pollution here as well, what with our own RV park's lights and the RV park across the road. A friend at church (Mustang area) and his daughter (Edmond area) both got photos, but I didn't even try. I would have had to gotten dressed and drove somewhere that trees and lights wouldn't have affected things.
There are pics from folks standing in okc and Tulsa and still getting pics because the cell phone cams can pick up light that we can't detect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom