AUSTIN, my wife yells. I see the crib where my daughter should be...empty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man, oh man, been down that road before buddy. Scared me just reading your heading. You will be skeeeeeeered quite a few more times, but it don't get any better either. Glad to hear a good out of this. Love her up good, as before you know it, you will be waiting up for her being late getting home before to long!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My oldest disappeared in broad daylight. At the time our home was a singlewide trailer in the middle of a 5 acre pasture. Literally. I tore that trailer up looking for him. Walked every inch of that 5 acres ... dragging a toddler and lugging an infant the entire 5 acres. As I was JUST about to call the police department and report him missing ... and take out a hit on my ex-husband ... my toddler comes and says "Mommy, Mommy, I found BB ..." (there were several Bills in our family ... Bill's nickname was "Baby Bill" because he was the littlest Bill ... everyone called him "BB")

He then drug me to the only bedroom in the damned trailer and there, sticking out from under the bed, was the heel of BB's cowboy boot. :shocked: I literally snatched him up my that foot and SWOOSH ... he was out from under that bed! WTF were you doing under the bed?!?!!?!? I practically screamed at him ...

I was sleepy. I wanted to sleep in a cave ...

:disappoin ... kids ... :rotflmao:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By boy, when he was two years old, managed to climb to the top rail of the crib and decided to go for it. My wife and I were in the room next door on the computer and heard a thud like someone dropped a sack of potatoes. It was my son falling from the top rail. He had the silent scream thing going for about 30 seconds then came the noise. Scared the chit out of us. He did it the next week so we found this net/tent type thing that goes in the crib and zips open and closed. Apparently made just for this type of climbing toddler scenario. Friends and neighbors thought it was an odd looking deal but it worked.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For years I couldn't have anything on my hands without washing them. It got so bad that I would have to dry them immediately after washing, if I missed a spot, I'd wash them again. I sat down and tried to figure out what the problem was.
Then I remembered, when my little brother was a toddler, he climbed out of the crib and I walked in just in time to see him fall over and smack his head on the night table. I picked him up and put him back in the crib, only to find out my hands were covered in blood.
Took me a while, but I finally kicked the habit.

Brother is fine btw.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest, before we moved went missing in the house once. We found him in the return vent for the AC. True story.

I was a crib climber. My parents used to tie a sheet on the crib to keep me in. I got out as always. I fell down the stairs after sneaking out of the crib and broke my leg in 2 places. It is my first memory, lying on the dining room table as my parents are opening up my footed PJs to look at my leg, then the next thing I remember is being on a bed with my parents looking at me as the lights on the ceiling roll by. I was 18 months old. Friggin cast came up and wrapped around my waist. It was itchy. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was an escape artist as a kid. My mom told me she put a flip latch on the hallway side of bedroom door because I would sleep walk right out the locked front door and wander out into the 10 acres our trailer sat on.

My little boy is just about 18 months old and has been climbing on everything he can. Found him on the kitchen table two weeks ago. It's only a matter of time before he tries the crib wall.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh man, oh man, been down that road before buddy. Scared me just reading your heading. You will be skeeeeeeered quite a few more times, but it don't get any better either. Glad to hear a good out of this. Love her up good, as before you know it, you will be waiting up for her being late getting home before to long!

I swear sometimes you read my thoughts.

primeoflife321

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my youngest was 5 (he's 26 now) we mobilized all of the neighbors in the cul-de-sac. There was a report of a man driving around asking kids if they had seen his puppy. I had seen my boy outside playing then in an instant he was gone. Panic like you have never seen. The little f'er was hiding in the laundry basket! I didn't know whether to hug him or kill him first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom