Author of SOPA bill violates copyright on his campaign site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboFinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Discussed this with a few guys at work this morning. Makes me wonder what's coming; before, the government would slip through some kind of oppressive legislation every several years or so. Now, we've had NDAA, working on HR 3166, and SOPA, all in the span of a few months. That's a lot of oppressive legislation in a very short amount of time. What are they up to?

the internet is the game changer. it has been the catalyst for "the great awakening" of the sheeple. more and more people are learning about fractional reserve banking, crony capitalism, the military industrial complex, bilderberg group, CFR, widespread financial and political corruption, etc., etc. at some point in the not to distant future they will need complete control to maintain order. they're running short on time as more and more people wake up. the tea party and the "occupy" movement is evidence that the people are getting fed up with the direction we're heading.....talk about unlikely bed partners.

"chipping" everyone is the goal to gain absolute control. no transaction will go untaxed. no buying or selling without the chip. break the law and your chip gets deactivated until you turn yourself in for re-education......sounds like some biblical prophesy. think i'm nuts? hello 1984! india is implementing a cashless society right now. first it's a cashless society with debit cards and then they use identity theft and national security as an excuse to implant chips.

http://www.blottr.com/breaking-news/cashless-biometric-india-cataloguing-12-billion-citizens
http://www.infowars.com/cashless-so...program-for-all-of-its-1-2-billion-residents/

read this too. it was written in 2001. this stuff is not new but now we are getting "fast tracked" before we wise up as a whole.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_globalelite07.htm

C

captain

No doubt that SOPA is terrible for us as users of websites... Even worse is the liability of the website owners like OSA. You as a member post a picture of a rifle, the person that originally took the picture files a complaint of copyright infringement and when notified OSA has 5 days to take it offline or the govt can literally take the site off the Internet like it never existed. I'm sure OSA doesnt have tons of staff just sitting around ready to investigate copyright images to satisfy the govt investigators....

If SOPA is going to be passed it must have some limitations that websites must be hosted out of the country or there has to be some sort of dollar value lost. I can see a movie studio going after a website that is allowing bit torrent downloads of movies.. But as it stands every website on the Internet is subject to this.. It all boils down to attorneys, lobbyist and money....

cap

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt that SOPA is terrible for us as users of websites... Even worse is the liability of the website owners like OSA. You as a member post a picture of a rifle, the person that originally took the picture files a complaint of copyright infringement and when notified OSA has 5 days to take it offline or the govt can literally take the site off the Internet like it never existed. I'm sure OSA doesnt have tons of staff just sitting around ready to investigate copyright images to satisfy the govt investigators....

If SOPA is going to be passed it must have some limitations that websites must be hosted out of the country or there has to be some sort of dollar value lost. I can see a movie studio going after a website that is allowing bit torrent downloads of movies.. But as it stands every website on the Internet is subject to this.. It all boils down to attorneys, lobbyist and money....

cap

This bill is unnecessary. There are already laws in place to protect copyright holders. They have many options available to them, including not placing their content on the internet, using existing technology to find and stop copyright violations, and filing tort claims on those who pirate the copyright holder's intellectual property.

This is about censorship and the .gov getting their foot in the door on controlling the internet and what we're allowed to see and do on it. This is a very slippery slope if they pass this law. I do not in any way, shape or form, support the government having the ability to control internet content. :(

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is about censorship and the .gov getting their foot in the door on controlling the internet and what we're allowed to see and do on it. This is a very slippery slope if they pass this law. I do not in any way, shape or form, support the government having the ability to control internet content. :(

I agree. And as Turbofinger pointed out, the internet has been the greatest tool in history for opening the eyes of the common man to the nefarious actions of governments, heads of state, and the corporations and groups that control and manipulate them. Many on forums still laugh about "tinfoil hat" topics, but enough of what may have been thought to be foil hat topics in the past have been verified over time through the internet. Without the net, no one would be the wiser. And I'm guessing many of the absurd foil hat theories many are hee-hawing over at this time will turn out to be not so funny in the near future. Too many people are waking up, too many people are organizing. That is dangerous to power hungry groups and governments, so the best thing they can do is kill or control the educator. I think our internet is about to go from quietly monitored to openly monitored, and heavily censored. And as per usual, the "free" Americans will have no say in it.

C

captain

This bill is unnecessary. There are already laws in place to protect copyright holders. They have many options available to them, including not placing their content on the internet, using existing technology to find and stop copyright violations, and filing tort claims on those who pirate the copyright holder's intellectual property.

Having laws are one thing, enforcing them are another... The US govt has no way to enforce laws that are violated outside the US in this case. There does need to be some method for a movie studio to be able to stop someone in China from streaming a movie all over the world and still not infringe on the rights of the US citizens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom