Ayoob on Revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idk I think if you're carrying any handgun be it a semi or a revolver, you're already better off than the people who don't. My J frame 442 saved my butt from a dude in the alley behind my apartment when I was throwing my trash away and buddy decided that I must have something good (I was wearing sweatpants and a BBQ stained white t shirt.) My semi auto pistols are all "Duty size" so that makes them a no go for "Sweatpants walking to the dumpster" carry. Sure a p365 or a Hellcat or any other small semi auto would give me more rounds, but I've never been particularly good with striker fired guns compared to hammer fired. Carry what you're comfortable with. I do enjoy listening to Mr. Ayoob on occasion, as well as Bill Wilson, Ken Hackathorn, Clint Smith and a few other of the "Old Timers", but there's no substitute for actually practicing with what you carry.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like wheel guns and when I used to carry one all the, shoot one all the time and practice a manual of arms all the time . I thought they were fine for daily carry, now days I carry semi auto and only one semi auto on a daily basis.

It wouldn't be relevant for me to carry one , unless I was willing to commit to the above . Carry guns aren't sneakers or underwear you need to carry one and not constantly be swapping them out .

tcruse

Marksman
Reaction score
Revolvers are at least as relevant as Mas Ayoob...
After thinking about the above video. I think that many of us have given up to the "anti-gun" groups and conclude that the blue parts of the country are going to get all semi-automatic guns banned. So, we are trying to pretend that (e.g. settle for) a revolver and single shot rifle are good enough.
Also. for the firearm makers, they can build a revolver based on 40 year old designs (no investment in research or design) and sell for more profit and a polymer handgun. Same, for the ammo makers, .38 ammo is 40% more expensive to purchase than 9mm and costs no more to produce.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anyone's going to get a whole lot banned. Many of the US Circuit courts and the SCOTUS seems to have made that pretty clear. Doesn't mean they won't "allow" (not condoning restrictions...just saying they're a part of the world reality we live in) restrictions but outright bans? I don't think so. I don't know anyone who thinks revolvers and single shot rifles are good enough. That's not to say they aren't still popular with some people. But I don't see anyone with an attitude that says they'll just settle for those types of guns. Never have...

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just practice and try to keep the right mind set with what you carry! You can carry a 30 round semi auto pistol but if you can not hit with it it aint worth dodo. I have seen the video where 4 cops went after a bad guy 3 carry semi and 1 carried a revolver. over 100 rounds fired only hit was the officer with the revolver. I served in combat in the jungle and on the street, Mind set is very important.

Last edited:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After thinking about the above video. I think that many of us have given up to the "anti-gun" groups and conclude that the blue parts of the country are going to get all semi-automatic guns banned. So, we are trying to pretend that (e.g. settle for) a revolver and single shot rifle are good enough.
Also. for the firearm makers, they can build a revolver based on 40 year old designs (no investment in research or design) and sell for more profit and a polymer handgun. Same, for the ammo makers, .38 ammo is 40% more expensive to purchase than 9mm and costs no more to produce.
Careful now. Are you saying that I am just 'settling' for revolvers? I happen to be better with wheel guns than I with semi-auto's. This is not the first time I have encountered this kind of insinuation from devotees of the semi-auto; to wit, that they are 'better' than revolvers.

In my hands, revolvers are what I do best and I won't 'settle' for semi-autos.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anyone's going to get a whole lot banned. Many of the US Circuit courts and the SCOTUS seems to have made that pretty clear. Doesn't mean they won't "allow" (not condoning restrictions...just saying they're a part of the world reality we live in) restrictions but outright bans? I don't think so. I don't know anyone who thinks revolvers and single shot rifles are good enough. That's not to say they aren't still popular with some people. But I don't see anyone with an attitude that says they'll just settle for those types of guns. Never have...
I don't 'settle' for revolvers. After more than fifty years of shooting I find that they are best for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom