Ayoob on Revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In skilled hands, a revolver will do everything a semi-auto will. You just gotta carry more spare ammo.

However...

I think the Smith and Wesson J frame, Ruger LCR and Colt D frames still have a place in concealed carry, but larger framed revos are more or less archaic compared to today's easy to hide bottom feeders.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may have been posted before but if anyone's interested, snubnoir.com is a membership site where they have tips and tricks on snubs, small mouse guns, gear that caters to the snub-specific and it has training tips by Michael de Bethencourt.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you said it. He has been a great supporter and teacher in the community and I will never take that away from him but at a certain point everyone hits a wall.

Is he no longer relevant?

i wouldn't want to get shot with a revolver, that's for sure. they're certainly just as efficient and deadly as they've ever been, but if my life depended on it, i'd rather have twice the capacity that a much slimmer, lighter autoloader provides. If i was a guy trying to survive in a SHTF scenario, i'd rather have a revolver because of the low maintenance and lack of magazines. But for everyday concealed carry, Sig p365 is my go to. twice as much ammo, half the weight, slimmer... Those old six-shooters have a sex appeal for sure, but i've not had much luck relying on sex appeal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom