B-21 Raider? - Am I sheltered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
TAFB already has plans for the 21 hangers, they will be maintained and housed here. Douglas will be shut down and taxiway extended across to the East of Douglas.

B2 from a few days ago taking off
View attachment 262747
They already are shutting down Douglas for the maint hangers east of Tinker. I helped install the Siemens fire foam systems in them.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They already are shutting down Douglas for the maint hangers east of Tinker. I helped install the Siemens fire foam systems in them.
Are you talking about the 2 existing hangers on the East side of Douglas? If so those are for B1 maintenance. They have yet to start the new hangers.

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have already built several B-21s. I know a guy who builds the machines that build this plane and they were done several months ago so they have been rolling off the assembly line for awhile now.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have been in the works for several years but I am not sure they are in production yet. They are meant to counter the new Russian PAK DA and the Chinese H-20. I am not sure either of those are in product yet either. The H-20 is a rip off of the B-21. Supposedly China hack into our computers and stole the design for it and several other weapons.
Probably when Obamanation was helping them to our DOD personal information that was hacked.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have already built several B-21s. I know a guy who builds the machines that build this plane and they were done several months ago so they have been rolling off the assembly line for awhile now.
Supposedly takes over a year to build each one. That is what the government is saying anyway.

I checked, first one has been rolled out to a hanger to have all it's electronics installed and testing to begin. They hope to fly it before the year is over.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about the 2 existing hangers on the East side of Douglas? If so those are for B1 maintenance. They have yet to start the new hangers.
Did they change those hangers from the E-3 maintenance? I thought that is what they were built for. It's been so long, I can't remember. I just know they were huge and we had fun testing the foam system. It leaked out the doors and the fire trucks had to hose it because it was blowing all over.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something has been nagging at me in the back of my mind (no it was not Gunbuffer) They are making the B-21 to replace the B-1 and 2, but the ancient B-52 is just soldiering on. It took it's first flight in 1952 has been in service since 1955. In service almost 70 years!

Latest posts

Top Bottom