BA Window Tint Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought "don't go to BA unless you want a ticket for some minor infraction you've never heard of" had been the rule for years?

I've lived in BA pretty much my entire life. I can't remember ever being hassled by the Po Po for anything????
However I did get hassled by the Caddo Co sheriff last week on our way to Mexico. I had one of those trailer hitch racks on the truck with ice chests on it. He pulled me over cause he though my tag light was out, but them proceded to tell me I can't have anything blocking my tag and I needed to move the ice chest. His reasoning was, it's illegal to have your license plate cover to where he can't read it from behind. I proceeded to ask him "what about a trailer?" you cant read my plate if Im pulling one and they are perfectly legal....
He didn't have much to say after that.
Honestly he was a nice guy though and I was trying nick to be to much of a prick to him.

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if it has to do with utility and how much the driver should expect to see out of the back windows. In trucks, SUV's, and vans, its not uncommon to not be able to see out of the back windows due to whatever you're hauling, how many people you have in the vehicle, etc. Though in sedans, I don't know that there is that expecation.

Also, I believe SUV's, trucks, and vans can have no back windows at all. Think panel versions of each and camper shells and whatever else. I have yet to see a 'panel car.'

Just thinking out loud...

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have lived in BA for almost 20 years, no issues at all. Its a nice community. All of the vehicles I have ever owned had window tint, and now the most recent jobs I have they put a small sticker on the window to show state law compliance.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, I believe SUV's, trucks, and vans can have no back windows at all. Think panel versions of each and camper shells and whatever else. I have yet to see a 'panel car.'

What would you call this one? Straight from the factory "as is" and I've seen a number of them.

[Broken External Image]

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this on tv this morning also. I had already made an appointment to get my truck windows tinted (limo tint) on Tuesday and now i'm rethinking my decision. I knew it was illegal, but thought it wasn't enforced. (until now)

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you call this one? Straight from the factory "as is" and I've seen a number of them.

[Broken External Image]

I never said they didn't exist, just that I hadn't seen one. Though I don't know that the pt cruiser or chevy's HHR panel versions would fall under the same 'normal car' category as say a Camry or any other sedan. But that's here nor there...

Latest posts

Top Bottom