more BOHICA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, just got a letter stating a wind farm is being proposed for north central Lincoln county. Our farm is the bullseye.
We don't want it. Neighbors don't want it. My understanding is that if enough people in the area are for it, we don't have a choice. Only place on our farm would be right in the middle of the best hunting we have.
Just found out the local "officials" have known for two years that it was coming. Now I know why we got notification they were surveying some "road improvements" a few months ago.......got to make sure they can get the trucks carrying the blades around the corners.
I work on lease land drive a semi in oilfield.
If they make you do, last resort when creating a contract have it written in detail that any damages to the land after work is complete is to be fixed and paid for by them.
2-speed limit on your roads is 10-15mph.
3-no truck or equipment is leave the roads after work is complete. You have to be a tyrant. I work with land owners everyday. Their property their rules.
Trust me stuff happens and truck leave the road or spill stuff all the time. If it wasn’t for the contract property owner would be liable. Put it on the company. I hate this for you.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work on lease land drive a semi in oilfield.
If they make you do, last resort when creating a contract have it written in detail that any damages to the land after work is complete is to be fixed and paid for by them.
2-speed limit on your roads is 10-15mph.
3-no truck or equipment is leave the roads after work is complete. You have to be a tyrant. I work with land owners everyday. Their property their rules.
Trust me stuff happens and truck leave the road or spill stuff all the time. If it wasn’t for the contract property owner would be liable. Put it on the company.
We did that at our gun range. Specified where the roads were to be located, utility poles set, environmental spill cleanup requirements, and rainfall runoff issues because of their road.
They also had to lock the gate on ingress and egress which was a huge failure on their part.
The oil company violated it so many times that they finally put a new road on the other side of our property that was open range.
We got a great all weather road, and utilities where we wanted them as an outcome.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, just got a letter stating a wind farm is being proposed for north central Lincoln county. Our farm is the bullseye.
We don't want it. Neighbors don't want it. My understanding is that if enough people in the area are for it, we don't have a choice. Only place on our farm would be right in the middle of the best hunting we have.
Just found out the local "officials" have known for two years that it was coming. Now I know why we got notification they were surveying some "road improvements" a few months ago.......got to make sure they can get the trucks carrying the blades around the corners.
I do not know how it is here in Oklahoma. In Texas, New Mexico and Colorado, if you do not want them on your place then you do not contract with them or give them easement. If the county is going to widen the road then they have to purchase the wider easement and pay damages. Isn't there some sort of endangered animals there. In our contract in Texas it is written in they pay for any damages cause and if the unit go out of operation they have to put the land back as was before they came in. They do pay very well to whoever has the wind rights. Get it in writing!!!!

Last edited:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing you should know about putting the land back? The concrete foundations are huge and deep. All they are required to do is remove the top until it is about 36 inches below the surface. They do this by digging a trench around the foundation and busting the top layer off and burying it in the trench around the huge concrete foundation.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
take the money and run, within a few years these wind turbines will prove just how inefficient and tooo expensive to install and maintain. Not sure why they havent already proven so but I know engineers who know it and they are still being built and subsidized by the Feds.
you are right on that - If it were not environmentally friendly and subsidized they wouldn't be putting them up. they have been building wind and solar farms for over 50 yrs - first were small and inefficient - 100s of 000s of wings are buried across the country and will stay there forever -- and for all that - go find someone who can tell you just how much "climate change" has been improved by we the people - you will get crickets. this is all BS and it amazes me how many people buy it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you are right on that - If it were not environmentally friendly and subsidized they wouldn't be putting them up. they have been building wind and solar farms for over 50 yrs - first were small and inefficient - 100s of 000s of wings are buried across the country and will stay there forever -- and for all that - go find someone who can tell you just how much "climate change" has been improved by we the people - you will get crickets. this is all BS and it amazes me how many people buy it.
I know a few guys in the industry for building/maintaining, etc. One old man is a truck driver and all he hauls are those 220' blades. He makes stupid money. One is a young 25 yo guy who is lead tech or whatever hes called and he oversees new farm builds, he makes stupid money also. Plus the cost of the huge crane and crew to erect one. And the the land owner gets (I was told) $5000 for each one on their property. I assume thats a yearly payment be who knows, it could be quarterly, but I doubt its monthly.
During July and Aug. when electric use is at a peak, the wind is not blowing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom