Bad Guy With A Gun Stopped by Marine Using Hand To Hand Combat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Todd Beamer
I’m not sure we are comparing apples to apples here. A plane with hundreds of people onboard is taken under far different circumstances and with far greater risk to life then a smash and grab pack of hoodlum kids robbing a convince store.

Todd used the information he had collected to make a quickly calculated, brave, selfless decision. Him along with all the other passengers did not immediately act when the terrorists took control of the plane. They formed a plan and acted upon it. At that time they knew they (and everyone on the plane) might as already of been dead. Any plan was better then nothing. No additional risk……. Tons of possible reward.

The convenience store customer greatly increased the odds of himself and others getting hurt or killed. If my wife and kids were there and took a rouge round because he decided to be a hero he is assuming that responsibility also. This is not too far fetched considering he tried to grab it while it was being pointed towards the back of the store My opinion given the information at hand is too little reward for too much risk.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He got lucky.

Too many bad things could have resulted just to save a few dollars.

If an innocent had been wounded or killed most of those lauding him would now be condemning him.

He got lucky.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one is complaining about HOW he did it but that he did it at all.

He took a very big chance for very little reason

If he could have guaranteed that only he would have been injured or killed due to his actions if things had gone wrong, then no problem. But he couldn't guarantee that could he.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brave: stupid action that worked
I said the same thing the night my oldes was conceived
A marine took care of a problem and you guys ***** about how he did it…. Wow
What does him being a marine have anything to do with his actions? He want to basic and now he is a master of hand to hand combat ? My guess is odds are high he was actually a fry cook in the corps because all the marines I’ve met would of handled the situation a little smarter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom