1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Baker and the Browns

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dlbleak, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Mayfield reminds me of Brett Favre. He seems to have the same drive. If he can keep his head from inflating and stay healthy he will do well, I think. He has the talent. Time will tell.

dlmcm likes this.
  2. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

He definitely has the physical tools to play the game well; if he can find the balance on the mental side, he could end up wearing one of those gold blazers some day. He just needs to learn to harness the fire that drives him and not let it consume him. I think that's where he differs from Manziel in a big way, and I think getting busted in Arkansas and getting benched for his actions in the Kansas game were learning opportunities that didn't slip by him.

He's still a 23 year old kid, and he's going to make mistakes, but he does seem to be capable of learning from them.

SMS and dlmcm like this.
  3. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

I just ran across this. I didn't see what Favre said; I wish they'd started this clip with that instead of starting cold on the discussion.

4. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The Ravens will be a tough challenge this week, but the Ravens can also be fluky....upset win for the Browns this week? LOL

5. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Baker got his first official win as an NFL starter. Not sure if the Ravens d-front is that good or if the Browns' o-line is that bad, but there were a lot of plays Baker made by being Baker; it was almost like the pocket started out collapsed...

It would also help if Cleveland got themselves a kicker. Missed extra point, missed FG, and a knuckleball to win...

6. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I only watched pieces of it here and there but it didn't look like Baker was getting a lot of help from his receivers. Also had several balls batted. But I guess he got enough, he had over 300 yards passing.

7. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That was fun to watch. Everyone is a Brown's fan this year LOL

Jwryan84 likes this.
  8. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

I wasn't particularly happy that they preempted the Chiefs for this game, but it was good to get to see Mayfield play.

Gotta say, though, that it was good to see Baker get together with Mark Andrews and Orlando Brown after the game.

9. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Yeah, the game wouldn't have been so close if his receivers hadn't dropped so many passes.

Or if their kicker earned his paycheck...

10. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    First home Sunday win since 2015. 37 games or something like that. Congrats Baker.

elwoodtrix likes this.