Baltimore Police backing off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rightside

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with the “self-cleaning oven” approach to law enforcement is that it will escalate to a level that cannot be controlled. Taking back the city means changing a culture and that is not going to be easy to do.

This is developing into a no win situation.

My biggest fear is that people will believe that the only remedy is the federal government. This will provide yet another illegitimate reason to federalize local crime.

I try not to buy into conspiracy theories but I believe this is spot on. Make it so the police refuse to do the job, then say "The local police are no longer able to do their job. We are now , unfortunately, going to have to declare marshal law to restore order." Just the beginning for a Federal Police Force?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Links are ok, but the comment section within the link involved rhetoric that one would expect to hear at a KKK rally.

Once I saw the lipstick, I quit watching and just listened ... didn't even see the comment section. Will be more careful going forward.

Growing up (or trying to) the officers and sergeants that worked with my father would come over with their families and she reminds me of a lot of the wives/moms. Back in the 60's, LEOs of color were very hard on other people of color. With that said, they never (then) had to explain the rule to those they arrested ... "you respect me, I will respect you ... you don't respect me I will hurt you." That just came with the territory. Today ... different game. To her point, we need better parents.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I try not to buy into conspiracy theories but I believe this is spot on. Make it so the police refuse to do the job, then say "The local police are no longer able to do their job. We are now , unfortunately, going to have to declare marshal law to restore order." Just the beginning for a Federal Police Force?

To be clear, I don’t think the federal government is trying to manufacture an excuse for martial law. While it could happen, the issue here is that there are two groups of people in Baltimore that are not allowing the LEOs to do their job. First group are those that do want the police answering calls and the second group is city management who have made LEOs fearful of doing their job. Both have effectively handcuffed (no pun intended) the LEOs from doing their job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom