Baltimore Police backing off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read that when a Police cruiser stops in that area, 30-50 people rush it and surround it.

Seems they have been emboldened.

Residents in the area that just want to live there and not have any issues are mad because the Police aren't in the area to protect them.
A 7 year old was killed this morning.

While it is a tragedy with any loss of life, it is not the police departments responsibility to protect the General public. That's where most people go wrong I feel. They are Law Enforcment officers, not personal protection officers. Yes, in enforcing laws and keeping order inherently does keep people safe, but I don't feel it is their first responsibility.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The problem with the “self-cleaning oven” approach to law enforcement is that it will escalate to a level that cannot be controlled. Taking back the city means changing a culture and that is not going to be easy to do.

This is developing into a no win situation.

By biggest fear is that people will believe that the only remedy is the federal government. This will provide yet another illegitimate reason to federalize local crime.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it is a tragedy with any loss of life, it is not the police departments responsibility to protect the General public. That's where most people go wrong I feel. They are Law Enforcment officers, not personal protection officers. Yes, in enforcing laws and keeping order inherently does keep people safe, but I don't feel it is their first responsibility.

... and SCOTUS would agree, and has at least 3 times over thelast 50 years I believe.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with the “self-cleaning oven” approach to law enforcement is that it will escalate to a level that cannot be controlled. Taking back the city means changing a culture and that is not going to be easy to do.

This is developing into a no win situation.

By biggest fear is that people will believe that the only remedy is the federal government. This will provide yet another illegitimate reason to federalize local crime.

A platoon of M1A2 tanks could solve the problem pretty quick...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's perfectly clear that this mayor's ideology and reality don't mesh, or she's in in over her head, or both.

The "deer in the headlights" moment is almost comical.

Here she has the governor running cover and still can't deal with questions. They walk off. Wait until the very end, it's worth it. NSFW language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This falls squarely in the "careful what you wish for, you just might get it" category.

cdn.meme.am_instances_500x_62628336.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom