Barrel need’s treads fixed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion for a AR barrel fix? I took a chance on this barrel someone messed the treading up on hoping someone could fix it.
IMG_2828.jpeg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best way to fix it is in a lathe. Line up a single point cutter upside down in the good threads and back it off the barrel. You will lose height on the bad threads but should then be able to screw anything over it then. It would be easy to cross thread a nut die on those bad threads.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have spent a little time cleaning up bad threads on things with a very small triangular file.
I assume you are wanting to thread something onto that.
I have 2 Ar's I shoot with nothing on the threaded ends and 2 with a round nut threaded on the end.

I never liked flash hiders or any muzzle break on the end.
Maybe it is a great shooting barrel as is.

If you have not shot it I would do so to make sure it shoots well before spending money on it.

JamesB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have spent a little time cleaning up bad threads on things with a very small triangular file.
I assume you are wanting to thread something onto that.
I have 2 Ar's I shoot with nothing on the threaded ends and 2 with a round nut threaded on the end.

I never liked flash hiders or any muzzle break on the end.
Maybe it is a great shooting barrel as is.

If you have not shot it I would do so to make sure it shoots well before spending money on it.
It has less than 200 rounds thru it

Latest posts

Top Bottom