Need Saiga AK threaded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a converted Saiga AK47. That has the dreaded barrel shroud. Have no idea if there’s threads under it or not. Does anyone know of anyone who could handle this project of taking off the barrel shroud. And if not threaded. Thread the barrel for me. This is one of my prized rifles. So I’d really like an expert on this. Really don’t want to have to send it off.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if theyre still in business, their website seems to be less complete than it used to be. But, its still up. Two Rivers Arms used to be well respected in the AK business. Might give them a holler.

https://www.tworiversarms.com/
Rifle dynamics makes some pretty sweet stuff and can likely fix up your saiga in any way you want. Jim Fuller left a while back, and I haven't heard much about them since he left. Worth looking into as well. Jim Fuller is starting something new AK related, but I haven't seem much on it, his website isn't much more than a placeholder at the moment.

https://rifledynamics.com/

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. Two rivers seems kinda ghosted. Rifle dynamics is good stuff. I’m just trying real hard not to have to send it off anywhere. I’d like to keep it in state if I can.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a converted Saiga AK47. That has the dreaded barrel shroud. Have no idea if there’s threads under it or not. Does anyone know of anyone who could handle this project of taking off the barrel shroud. And if not threaded. Thread the barrel for me. This is one of my prized rifles. So I’d really like an expert on this. Really don’t want to have to send it off.

I would assume that you can just purchase a correct, front sight block and have Two Rivers remove the neutered FSB with shroud, press the new one one on, and thread the barrel...or you can go the pipe cutter route and have any competent local gunsmith thread the barrel. Be aware that your current FSB probably doesn't have a detent and spring installed, so you'll have to source those parts if installing a brake that indexes on the plunger pin.

If you want a 24mm threaded FSB, you'll just have to double check that one will fit your Saiga without modification. IMO, the 24mm FSB route is easier since the barrel doesn't require threading.

Two Rivers replaced a neutered FSB on an SGL for me just last year. Their communication is not great and the turnaround was longer than quoted. Otherwise everything turned out great. It honestly might be best to just swing by their shop and chat with them in person.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if theyre still in business, their website seems to be less complete than it used to be. But, its still up. Two Rivers Arms used to be well respected in the AK business. Might give them a holler.

https://www.tworiversarms.com/
Rifle dynamics makes some pretty sweet stuff and can likely fix up your saiga in any way you want. Jim Fuller left a while back, and I haven't heard much about them since he left. Worth looking into as well. Jim Fuller is starting something new AK related, but I haven't seem much on it, his website isn't much more than a placeholder at the moment.

https://rifledynamics.com/
They are open and can handle this. They removed the shroud on my Romy and installed a pinned/welded threaded ring that would allow me to mount an AK-74 style brake. Call and ask for Tim.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you can post a photograph of the front sight block / muzzle end of the rifle, i can tell you what kinda crap your getting yourself into with this. ive converted about 20 of these rifles back when they were 300$ a rifle instead of now a days 2-3000. alot of those saigas had funky stuff going on with them depending on who or where they came from. it could have been one of the simple easy ones you can do yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom