Barrel threading-where and costs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could recommend a shop that could thread some of my rifle barrels for me; I'm NW of Elk City, so the farther west the better for me. Mainly wanting to make sure that it's possible first, since these are standard contour ("pencil barrel") diameters...hoping there's enough there to make them 1/2" threaded. I plan to get the ball rolling on a suppressor soon, and would like to make it work on several of my coyote calling rigs. Thanks!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard Jerry isn't doing much now except custom builds, and Butch's wants $100 per, which I thought was kind of high? Did think about Ted's, just haven't called them yet

boomer mooner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't be sorry when you get it done. I use a suppressor on my AR while predator hunting and it's great not having to choose between putting up with hearing protection or blowing out my ear drums.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm paying 100 each on my two rimfire barrels with a protector and the sights put back on. Glad to pay for quality work as your dont want a botched thread job ruining/dammaging you can with a baffle strike.

I have a decent enough lathe at my dads place and if I was practiced up like I was when I was living close by I would have done it myself.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$100-$125 is the normal rate for that work. It takes the right equipment and skill to correctly thread a barrel. Wait times are usually another issue with good shops.

Latest posts

Top Bottom