Basic Questions for CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been studying the forums for a couple of months while waiting on my CCW and now I have it and now I know I have a huge responsibility and I seem to have forgotten some basic information. I worked so hard to get this license and I don't ever want to take a chance on losing it. I did look around the forum for the answers before asking and I know they are here, but I didn't "stumble" upon them so bear with me.

First, do you have to register the gun you are going to be carrying, or did it get registered if/when you bought it, if in Oklahoma?

Secondly, how many guns and mags can you have? I would only carry one, but, I took my Son to shoot today, so I had a couple of them.

Finally, I don't drink and drive, as I have my wife drive if I drink a couple when we go out to dinner. If this happens and I put my gun in the trunk of the car, and she is driving, I will be okay, right?

Also, I've had a hard time finding a IWB holster (specifically for the Glock 30) in the Lawton Area, does anybody know where a good place is to get one? There is a gun show in town this weekend, so I may find one there. If not, I may be going to OKC this weekend. I did get a cheap-o Uncle Mikes, but its not going to suit my needs, but will work temporarily.

Thanks for any replies, or advice you may have for a new permit holder, thanks, Ski

Thanks in advance for any replies.

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been studying the forums for a couple of months while waiting on my CCW and now I have it and now I know I have a huge responsibility and I seem to have forgotten some basic information. I worked so hard to get this license and I don't ever want to take a chance on losing it. I did look around the forum for the answers before asking and I know they are here, but I didn't "stumble" upon them so bear with me.

First, do you have to register the gun you are going to be carrying, or did it get registered if/when you bought it, if in Oklahoma?
There is no registration of handguns in Oklahoma.

Secondly, how many guns and mags can you have? I would only carry one, but, I took my Son to shoot today, so I had a couple of them.
There is no limit to the number of guns or magazines you can carry in the SDA. There may be an arbitrary limit in the mind of a police officer to the number of guns you can have on you without appearing to be crazy. I usually carry two guns when I feel like it.

Finally, I don't drink and drive, as I have my wife drive if I drink a couple when we go out to dinner. If this happens and I put my gun in the trunk of the car, and she is driving, I will be okay, right?
If the gun is unloaded and placed in the trunk before you start drinking you should be fine.

Also, I've had a hard time finding a IWB holster (specifically for the Glock 30) in the Lawton Area, does anybody know where a good place is to get one? There is a gun show in town this weekend, so I may find one there. If not, I may be going to OKC this weekend. I did get a cheap-o Uncle Mikes, but its not going to suit my needs, but will work temporarily.
You aren't likely to find any good IWB holsters at a gun show. I have seen a few worth having at guns stores though. I would recommend a Super Tuck Deluxe from crossbreedholsters.com

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also for IWB holsters, Galco makes some really good ones. I have their kydex one for the glock 23, its perfect. Usually everyone wants leather but im under 40 so I have no attraction to leather. lol

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good answers
You wont find anything in Lawton,
Comp-Tac 7 day from order, CB I got took about 10 days...both good equiptment
H&H had a good collection if your going to the City
Which Comp-Tac did you get? You say you have Comp-tac and the Cross-breed? Do you favor one over the other? I did go to OKC yesterday and did stop at H & H and you're right, they did have a good collection but they were out of one for me, since I'm a lefty. I was filling out the form to order the Cross-Breed, should I get the J-clips and the Velco Straps? I don't want to add cost to my order if it's not really needed, since I'm not sure how I will like the holster, although I'm 99 percent sure I will because I trust ya'lls judgment.

Sorry Mods, if this thread is getting off subject and I realize that the current discussion belongs in another section.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Comp-tac...minotaur,,,meat and potatoes...standard clips..is for a SW MP 40
the CB is for a 4" 1911 lightweight champion..I chose it for the wider spread ..metal clips..1911 weighs a little more
comp-tac ..you can order shells for different guns
both are great...I would say either with standard clips
Might try Murphs or SMF Solutions in Duncan
Don Hume is good also...ahhh lefty..post in WTB for a used one , I thought I saw one in there ,

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, being able to get different shells is a selling point, I have a browning hi-power that I was going to get a holster for after I got the Glock squared away. Thanks for your timely replies

Latest posts

Top Bottom