Bass were biting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably need to catch the fish nursery folks coming by, and pre order some of the fat heads. Just hope we get enough rains to fill these ponds up. I really enjoy managing ponds.

There isn't a darned thing wrong with eating a bass.

BTW, if you want to have some fun at the expense of some others, go to your local bass club tournament, and tell them to save you a couple of 3 pounders to put next to the tomato plants in the garden for fertilizer.
When they get over being red faced, angry, spitting, etc, you can let them off the hook. (pardon the pun) :D

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis - Why don't you stock the pond you just cleaned out with rosies when the pond gets full. Puts some shipping pallets and trees in it for spawning structure. Order a gallon of rosies and you will have all the minners you and I need.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about that, or putting in a commercial fantail calico comet goldfish pond, selling to pet stores, or stocking it with bass and bluegill, I can catch on my fly rod.
Lots of possibilities. We just need some runoff rain to get some water in it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've thought about that, or putting in a commercial fantail calico comet goldfish pond, selling to pet stores, or stocking it with bass and bluegill, I can catch on my fly rod. Lots of possibilities. We just need some runoff rain to get some water in it.

That would be my vote, we used to catch bluegill with fly rods on that little pond sw of your place, that's great fishing............just had to find a day that the wind wasn't blowing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be my vote, we used to catch bluegill with fly rods on that little pond sw of your place, that's great fishing............just had to find a day that the wind wasn't blowing.

Yeah, that's the way I'm going. That pond is open enough around the edges that a fly rod shouldn't be too much problem.
Watched some guys bone fishing the Bahamas over the weekend. It was really windy there at the time. They didn't seem to have much problem casting in it.
I'm sure their gear is different than mine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Introduce the cranes and coons to Remington

Cranes are probably safe. Federally protected.

I got home tonight, with zero wind, and all of this talk of fly rods made me get mine out and hit the pond. I recently bought a floating mouse fly. Its actually pretty large, and designed for bass. The pond was turning over with clumps of moss floating on the surface. I couldn't get a hit no matter what I tried. Saw one swirl, and cast to it, but no takers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom