Batman Premiere: Mass Shooting-Aurora, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I get all that, but honestly what good will any discussion do? Problem is again.... nobody knows anything about the logistics of what happened. This kid "won the fight" before it started. People can talk and discuss all they like on an internet forum, it's mental masterbation to me. If people want to honestly be prepared then get some REAL training and then come back and talk about what you would do. Some of these comments are akin to what we berated ol redneck for just earlier this week.

That's the position of a victim, not a survivor. As for the REAL training comment, spot on. A lot of us on here actually have that. Some of us have actually been in the mix and understand a little more about our own responses to bad things. Each incident is a rule unto it's own. However, the mentally unprepared are far more likely to fail under ANY circumstance than those who have put effort into mentally rehearsing what they might do in the event of XYZ event. That goes for more than just active shooters. it includes responses to fire, severe weather, and other man made and natural disasters.

It's only mental masturbation if you view it as such.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's an amount of monday morning QB comments but yeah, I get all that. I gotta ask, honestly what good will any discussion do? I had a bit of ignorance to my prepardness before I took a few classes, now I know how much I don't know. I couldn't imagine a situation as complex as this. Problem is again.... nobody knows anything about the logistics of what happened. This kid "won the fight" before it started. People can talk and discuss all they like on an internet forum, it's mental masterbation to me. If people want to honestly be prepared then get some REAL training and then come back and talk about what you would do. Some of these comments are akin to what we berated ol redneck for just earlier this week.
well we could be talking about wheelies....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the position of a victim, not a survivor.

Sorry my friend, that comment has nothing to do with MY postion, that's just a bit of reality relayed as to what actually happened. If I were wrong, the news would have been different.

It's only mental masturbation if you view it as such.

Just sayin, can you get prepared behind a keyboard? You learned what you know from real world experience yes?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry my friend, that comment has nothing to do with MY postion, that's just a bit of reality relayed as to what actually happened. If I were wrong, the news would have been different.

Just sayin, can you get prepared behind a keyboard? You learned what you know from real world experience yes?

Really? What about the VT shooting?

He won before it started because he was prepared and every one else wasn't. Unless that's the point you were making.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm off here but I haven't read a lot of "Internet commando" talk in this thread. Internet commando talk is "I woulda shot him through the eyepiece of his mask" and I have read very little of that here. There has been a lot of "what would I do" talk and that is very natural even for just the general population. It's how you relate to the story.

Really there has been more condescension from the negative Nancy's towards anyone talking about the best of very bad options than Internet commando talk. Seems like some of you guys are looking for a reason to ***** about Internet commandos even if they aren't there to stroke your ego.

Frankly any ccw'r would have been at a tremendous disadvantage in this situation. As eluded to earlier, you could have had a theater full of navy seals and this would still be a bad deal. That being said it does not mean nothing could have improved the outcome slightly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom