Becoming an FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am wanting to do this on the side of my regular work but am getting confused. Can some of you FFL holders help me out please? You can PM if you want. Basically i need a run down of all the steps that need to be taken as all the atf info is confusing the hell out of me right now.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not all that hard. Just order the paperwork from the ATF. The forms are a little confusing because they are duplicates of the same few pages. The biggest issue is that the Federal government wants to make sure that you are going to be doing business, not just adding to your collection or only doing gunshows. After you submit your paperwork and fingerprint cards (and fees) an inspection will be set up. At the inspection, they will make sure that you have the proper paperwork to do business. Tax permit, corporation or LLC, etc. Then they will just make sure that you understand all the forms and record keeping. You can ask the inspector what their opinion is, they will tell you if they will recommend approval. A couple weeks after that you get your license and find out how much guns really cost. Surprisingly simple. It just requires a little patience cuz it takes about 90 day for the whole process

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok so i have never ran a business before so can you elaborate on the the tax permit and corporation or llc for me please? Also will i be able to do this out of my home or do i have to actually go out and get a business location? If i can do this out of my home is there anything special i will need?

E

EP1985

Superdave if u dont mind could you fill me in on the process to. I also would like to do this on the side but wanna know if i can do it out of my house or do i ogotta get a building with bars on windows etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom