Best ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ Asian food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is this Oriental grocery store on Classen if some of you Vietnam vets ever get homesick, it reeks or fish sauce and brings a lot of memories back. The wife and I used to eat at some Chinese place in Del City but decided not to eat there anymore due to it being so dark inside. How in the heck can they stomp all the cockroaches in the dark? If it's dark, it cannot be clean.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is this Oriental grocery store on Classen if some of you Vietnam vets ever get homesick, it reeks or fish sauce and brings a lot of memories back. The wife and I used to eat at some Chinese place in Del City but decided not to eat there anymore due to it being so dark inside. How in the heck can they stomp all the cockroaches in the dark? If it's dark, it cannot be clean.

John there are two good oriental food grocery stores in the area of town you mention......Cao Nguyen and Chinatown.

We probably shop more at Chinatown because it's right next door to the Golden Phoenix restaurant where we eat fairly frequently.

china.jpg

cao.jpg

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There is one in tulsa too, its called Nam Hai or something along that line. Over in east Tulsa near 21st east of garnett.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marine cousin told me if you brought a bottle of that stuff into the bar you could have anything on the menu including the guy's wife.

Didn't know if he was being sarcastic or not. Knowing him like I do, I would suspect true.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try Asian Fusion on 71st or Amazing Thai in BA. Asian Fusion has the best chicken fried rice I've ever eaten.

My favorite used to be Orient Express in Norman, but I think they closed up shop several years ago. Thai Thai in Norman is pretty good, though I can really only speak for their chicken pad Thai and spring rolls.

Just had Asian Fusion chicken fried rice for lunch at your suggestion - good stuff! Thanks for the recommendation!

Latest posts

Top Bottom