Best AK mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aim Surplus-item#MAK47E30. Surplus euro mags. Having no issues with the 4/5 units I have. As a + they have bolt hold-open last round feature.

I believe those are actually Chinese. I bought a few and they are identical to the Chinese I already had. I suspect they were made in China for a European customer and are now being marketed as European surplus. They're good mags.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The circle ten mags will swell when loaded and won't fit in some of the tighter receivers.US Palm mags are great but you can buy 3 Com Bloc/Chinese steel mags for the price of one USP.Stick with the steel mags.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
STAY AWAY from promag junk, i would also be leery of tapco, use anything european such as: Romanian, bulgarian, chinese, russian, east german etc etc they will all work fine unless they are full of cosmoline

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steel, in Romanian, Yugo, or Chinese flavor. Bulk pack surplus mags from AIM, Copes, or Military Gun Supply are all excellent. ($9-10 a pop)

Suarez has some small financial interest in US palm, IIRC. He makes a big deal about "buy American" and sells made-in-Chinca cases, optics and miscellaneous gear at substantial mark up.:rolleyes2

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Steel, in Romanian, Yugo, or Chinese flavor. Bulk pack surplus mags from AIM, Copes, or Military Gun Supply are all excellent. ($9-10 a pop)

Suarez has some small financial interest in US palm, IIRC. He makes a big deal about "buy American" and sells made-in-Chinca cases, optics and miscellaneous gear at substantial mark up.:rolleyes2

I find Warrior Talk a useful and informative source of info.I subscribe to his newsletter also.I have bought from him before and he is higher than some,but his service is great. I think he has to buy from sources that don't extend him the "jobber" price and he's just trying to make a profit.I don't know about his interest in US palm,he did some testing for them so I suspect he does get a good deal on them.He's not any higher than anyone else I've seen on those mags.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try to talk bad about US Palm mags on Warrior Talk. I get that newsletter too and half of them end with buy this or that from his company.

US Palm doesn't even have a floor plate and you can't open them to clean them, they're junk. That's a feature though, right? Yeah, right... I've had at least one Circle 10 mag loaded for a year and haven't noticed any swelling or cracking. Try that with a US Palm.

Just get steel milsurp mags, they're less than $10 each and they work. Doesn't really matter which country they're from unless they're the new commercial Bulgarian(non-circle 10) or South Korean mags, in either case don't buy those.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had at least one Circle 10 mag loaded for a year and haven't noticed any swelling or cracking. Try that with a US Palm.

Good for you,I have 10 of them and certain rifles they won't fit in the mag wells when they are loaded.Sounds like swelling to me huh?? I agree though,stick with steel commie mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom