Best budget scope brand for the money???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5pt56

Marksman
Reaction score
This is my response from Arken the awesome:

"All of our products are manufactured in our facility in China, with the exception of the outsourced Japanese ED glass. Thanks for the inquiry!"

Chicom all the way!

ED glass is the standard in most optics now and Japan supplies it to almost everyone who requires it because they can't make it. If somebody requires ED glass in an optic and Japan doesn't provide it, it'll come from Europe or the US most likely. lol
Unfortunately it is very hard to find anything truly manufactured in the US. Whether you want to believe it or not. You can trace the origins of the products used to build, assemble, make or manufacture to a variety of other countries. If your plan is to boycott all things made in China vs only buying made in the US then that is a slightly different task in itself. Either one is difficult to do as the list of companies I won't support continues to grow at an exponential pace.

The OP asked for budget and I've found that Arken specifications and manufacturing requirements are solidly written therefore the chicom plants have to meet said requirements and you end up with a really solid scope for the money. Japanese glass is still considered some of the best clarity and quality in the world. Many high end scope companies utilize Japanese glass.

Oh, and for what it's worth, Arken is a veteran owned company. Former sniper qualified fellas.

I'm more of a Nightforce, Schmidt and Bender, or Leupold type of guy. My cheap scope is defined as a NF NX8 1-8. YMMV.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you grew up looking through a steel tubed Weaver 4X trying to separate the bushes from the bucks at 6:03 in the morning they all look pretty good these days. The old saying that form follows function applies here in spades. The proliferation of precision manufacturing capability has definitely opened the door for no names to turn out pretty good stuff. I’d say to put your mitts on as many different kinds as you can then decide what fits your application the best.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, got the post count to fitty! congrats!
Once upon a time I joined some trap shooting forum. I don’t recall the name but it had a post count threshold to participate in the classifieds. Those mods took every post very very serious. They would delete ones posts in a heartbeat. All of this guys posts he was hammering out this morning would’ve been deleted. I was actually trying to participate in this forum I speak of and got posts deleted I made. I had no interest in there classifieds but I guess since I was a new guy and jumped in on several topics it appeared I was just trying to get access to classifieds. I pm’d a mod trying to figure out what was wrong with my posts and ended getting the ban hammer. I went back for a short while after my suspension lifted but just didn’t care to interact. Seemed like it was a bunch of grumps that just wanted it for their own click to hang out at.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Once upon a time I joined some trap shooting forum. I don’t recall the name but it had a post count threshold to participate in the classifieds. Those mods took every post very very serious. They would delete ones posts in a heartbeat. All of this guys posts he was hammering out this morning would’ve been deleted. I was actually trying to participate in this forum I speak of and got posts deleted I made. I had no interest in there classifieds but I guess since I was a new guy and jumped in on several topics it appeared I was just trying to get access to classifieds. I pm’d a mod trying to figure out what was wrong with my posts and ended getting the ban hammer. I went back for a short while after my suspension lifted but just didn’t care to interact. Seemed like it was a bunch of grumps that just wanted it for their own click to hang out at.

I’m pretty sure I know which forum that is. They’re the worst and I think the youngest guy there must be 80, lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom