Best kept secret on Grand Lake !! Excaliber Sporting Goods in Afton!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usmc-1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All right I guess its been here for several years , I never knew about it until now, I got my transfers done in Langley ,but they dont have an FFL anymore so had to look for another place , on Gunbroker they listed Excalibers , I contacted the owner :

Mike Nelson
Excalibur Sporting Goods
P.O. Box 406
Afton, OK 74331-0406
Phone: 918-257-4126
Cell Phone: 918-331-7587

Spoke with Mike for about 30 minutes on the phone , sounded like a great guy , so I rode over there on my bike , and man was I missing out the last 2 years , this guy has this great big warehouse , not all of it is used for the gun business , but I have to say he has a great inventory of small handguns , large handguns and rifles , hunting and AR's , he has a full line of Safes and clothing , ammo and other items , not only that but he has an outdoor range to boot , now that is just awesome , he also does transfers , which is what I wanted in the first place , with that said , he had enough of some of the guns I want anyways , there's an SW MP Compact I think in 9 that I might be getting and theres another Smith , older model auto (not a sigma) that I am interested in , he's got Glocks as well , several LCPs and LC9s , look if your on the lake and your into guns this is the place you gotta come see! That range is awesome , I havent shot on it yet , but I will be , you can bet your ass on that!! Stealing a quote from Honda ""You meet the nicest people in gunshops" I met another Marine that day as well , look forward to meeting up with him next week at the Marine Corps League breakfast in Miami !

Mike thank you for having that shop , I can see we're gonna be friends for along time!

Don

TRLail

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been there several times, Mike is a great host, I just signed up myself, My spouse and two friends for his concealed carry class next weekend. I guess he does this the first & third weekend of the month.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Mike really does have a great operation out there. His range is excellent, and costs $10 for as long as you want to shoot. He's got paper target backers as well as steel targets for rifle and pistol. You can shoot up to 175 yards currently (but he is working on putting in a 300 yard range soon). He also has a nice skeet range with one of those fancy electronic clay launchers that he will operate for you. Mike is also a big supporter of the heritage of marksmanship and shooting... he lets the local FFA and Boy Scouts use his shotgun range, and he lets us at Project Appleseed run rifle marksmanship clinics on his rifle range. He sells our shooters everything they need to build a .22 "Liberty Training Rifle," which is popular at Appleseed for simulating a main battle rifle with affordable ammo, and if you buy parts he will install them for you in his gunsmithing shop. The other day I saw a guy walk out of that shop with a fully customized 10/22 built on all Volquartsen parts with nothing original on it except the receiver... Mike ordered all the parts and assembled the rifle for the guy. Oh and he definitely has some deals on his shelves, and he carries a little bit of everything... ARs, hunting rifles/shotguns, .22s, all types of handguns, and he usually has some pretty interesting stuff he gets on trade. Definitely worth checking out. Its even worth a drive up from Tulsa IMO.

R

RLC

Is this place in the town of Afton...or out in the burbs somewhere? I use to know that area very well, not so much any more, but, I don't recall seeing this place?

Latest posts

Top Bottom