Best little pocket .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best one for the money; for super discreet pocket carry when even a J-Frame is too big:

Ruger LCP
Kel-Tec P3AT
Kahr .380
Walther PK380
NAA 380
Others

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sig P238 is my pick. Very ergonomic, usable sights, easy to pull, nice trigger, nice safety... If the Sig is too big (much smaller than PK380) then an LCP would be my pick.

The Ruger LCP is pretty good. But it does have practically no sights and the trigger is like a DA revolver... but it's single action.

I really don't like the PK380... Slide's kinda loose... the barrel usually has really deep machining marks on the barrel. It has no slide release, so you have to take the mag out to let the slide forward. Feels good but it's still really big for a .380. In that size category I would rather have a Bersa...

The bodyguard is pretty nice also. I just don't like that you can't get it without the laser or at least detach it. Also the safety seems kinda tough to switch back and forth IMO.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't have a lot of experience in this area but I shot a Sig P238 a couple of weeks ago and I shot an LCP today. Sig by a mile. Better trigger and much less felt recoil IMO.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll throw the Diamondback out there for consideration too:
http://diamondbackfirearms.com/. I don't own one, but I've narrowed my search down to this and the LCP.

I'd be interested in hearing a new round of comments on these if anyone has any. Especially on the new compensated barrel...

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The diamondback seems pretty solid, I like the lockup. The trigger is pretty similar to the lcp, but it's a little shorter. It has a strange grip angle but the shape is a little nicer than the lcp I think. The mag release is waaay hard to use, its really small and you have to push it almost flush with the frame and it doesn't fall free easily. Probably since it has no slide lock and fits fairly tight.

Also I just got the new Gun Tests and was surprised to see that they gave it a D... apparently it doublefed once (harder than crap to clear with no slide lock and a tricky mag release),failed to reset the trigger once, and several failures to ignite from supported and unsupported positions. They said they usually give guns that do this an F but they liked the gun.

Hopefully they will get this stuff figured out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom