Best little pocket .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd pick the LCP over the Kel-Tec simply for the slide stop. It doesn't lock back on the last round, but it's still handy. I'd give the quality nod to Ruger, and we're only talking $20 extra.

I bought a Kahr P380 (and then sold my LCP). It's significantly better (IMHO) than the LCP in every aspect. Usable sights, more accurate, better trigger, slide locks back on last round, much more manageable recoil. Unlike the LCP, the Kahr is fun to shoot (as in multiple boxes of rounds). That being said, there's a stiff premium to go with the Kahr.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Kel-Tec P3AT and a Sig P238. I carried the KT for several years and it went bang every time. I recently acquired the P238 and it is great to shoot. Better sights, trigger, and accuracy. It is my new daily carry piece.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After my wife got the Sig P238, I got one for myself as a back-up and when my Kimber Pro Carry 4" might be a little hard to conceal. This little .380 shoots great. Not much recoil, good sights, and very accurate once you get the right grip for yourself. Definantly need to keep thumbs off the slide. Seem to be having trouble finding a double mag carrier for this that isn't pocket carry, but pocket holsters are plenty. Sports World had these on sale in Dec. but don't know when the sale ends.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the pocket
LCP or similar (I've only had and shot the LCP & Keltec)

I've owned the P238 - it's a great gun but not in the pocket - in my opinion

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Taurus TCP738 and it has been wonderful. I have put about 500 rounds through it with it being very reliable. I did have some ammo it didn't like, but I got that resolved.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll throw the Diamondback out there for consideration too:
http://diamondbackfirearms.com/. I don't own one, but I've narrowed my search down to this and the LCP.

I'd be interested in hearing a new round of comments on these if anyone has any. Especially on the new compensated barrel...

I did a cheesy little review of this gun last year. My camera kept falling over and it had my so mad that I forgot to put my eyes and ears on. So thats my little disclaimer. If you watch this video just know that I have no eyes or ears on. Ive had guys comment on the video and say "I was too scared to finish watching" I say maybe we should all chug on over to Mamby Pamby Land and get him so tissue....Crybaby :tounge2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCMZXvCWLks

Latest posts

Top Bottom