Best Place for MREs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never purchased MREs, so I only suggested Red Dawn because I believe that's where many people have suggested buying them locally.

I will also add if you're on Facebook, befriend CheaperThanDirt. I've seen them put their MREs on sale a few times. Can't vouch for the quality, though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
find somebody in service - especially reservists or national guard - usually they manage or can manage to get some acquired. I know I used to keep a case at the house because we always ended up with excess.

What? And steal from the Gov.? I would never do that!
Yeah I have friends in the Air Guard...don't eat the cake or cheese in an MRE, you won't **** for a week.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What? And steal from the Gov.? I would never do that!
Yeah I have friends in the Air Guard...don't eat the cake or cheese in an MRE, you won't **** for a week.

I never had that problem...loved the various cakes...brownies were a bit much....the jalapeno cheese spread is amazing - no matter what you eat it with (the bread, a burrito, chilimac, etc.)

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...don't eat the cake or cheese in an MRE, you won't **** for a week.

Which, if MRE's are anything like the C-Rations we got when I was in, is the whole point. When you're living in a tank and moving around almost 24 hours a day (maneuvers in N. Germany for almost a month in '73) the last thing you want is to have to take a dump and there be no where and no time to do it.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
find somebody in service - especially reservists or national guard - usually they manage or can manage to get some acquired. I know I used to keep a case at the house because we always ended up with excess.

Same here. I used to either not eat, or bring some good food. I figured the MRE's were given to me to eat and already "paid for", and if I decided not to eat them, then I could do whatever I wanted with em (i.e. take em home). Usually had about 2 cases worth. Wish I had stock piled when I had the chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom