Best Way to Own NFA Firearms/ Items (Personal, Trust, LLC)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that if you have an attorney set it up, then the officers of the trust can be multiple people.

I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY. that being said, it depends on the trust. i was referring to the "standard" one that most people use. in that situation there are people that administer the trust. that means when you die, they make sure the trust is carried out. their rank is in succession or can be groups. then there is the beneficiary, that is who gets the stuff when you die. none of those people have a right to the "stuff" until you die. now in a revocable trust you can reassign assents while you are still breathing, however with nfa items you must still go through the transfers.

i hope this sheds a candle of light of understanding in the matter.

recommendation: make a separate trust for your nfa items!

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone who is using a trust amde an SBR on a Form 1? I am curious what you engraved on the gun. Seems like:
"John Q. and Susie Q. Doe Revocable Living Trust
OKC, OK"
would be a little long to mark on a receiver tang or something. Just curious if you can use initials to abbreviate.

Also, has anyone in the OKC area used an attorney to set up a Trust for their NFA items?

consult someone who has done a few,...call some nfa dealers. the consensus on engraving around okc is southwest engravers. anything will fit on the receiver. as far as what trust, think of a short name for the trust...that will help some. i have read, (research on your own), that people have submitted form 1's with the original mfg and serial number as the identifying marks..or add sbr to the end. be careful here. if in doubt contact several nfa dealers and possibly the atf. the problem with contacting the atf is that if you do it 3 times will likely get 2 or 3 answers. if in doubt get if from them in writing.

do the research, get informed, and you will make the right decision.

rifleman 1981

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on the trust, I bought two and went through the hassle of getting fingerprinted, passport photo etc, Brandon Benson of Benson Firearms set everything up for me and didn't charge me a dime, way eaiser than the hassle you go through the other way

threecharlie

Marksman
Reaction score
FYI benson firearms in okc, will do a write up a legal trust and send you your packet to mail in with your passport photos and 200.00 m/o to the ATF for 40.00 if you buy the item there! he has tons of suppressors machineguns you name it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom