Better powder drop for the Hornady Lock N Load Progressive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I finally found a very good load for my 69 grain sierra match kings for an ar 15 I built...using 22.5 grains of H335 and it's grouping awesome.....I initially did a work up 1/2 grain at a time on a balance scale to create the most accurate loads. I want to continue with this load on my hornady lock n load and have some concerns that the standard powder drop will not be dead on. I have a replacement hornady micrometer adjustment for it but was still wondering if there was a more exact powder drop that would give me more accurate drops?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The micrometer powder drop is just so you can dial loads back in when changing calibers. I want one too for that very reason. Its not exact, but will get one close.

archer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want something more "precise", take a look at the Belding and Mull powder measures. Back in the days when bench rest shooting was so popular, all of the shooters that I knew used them. Also, sinclair (part of brownells) has a line of bench rest grade measures. They are a bit pricey though.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want something more "precise", take a look at the Belding and Mull powder measures. Back in the days when bench rest shooting was so popular, all of the shooters that I knew used them. Also, sinclair (part of brownells) has a line of bench rest grade measures. They are a bit pricey though.

Hornady also makes one as a Lock N Load replacement (I haven't used it so can't say how accurate it is). Hopefully someone will have experience with it as I'm curious about them too.

http://www.hornady.com/store/Lock-N-Load-Powder-Measure-Bench-Rest-1-Each/

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom