BHO commutes sentences of 46 inmates at El Reno

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am not upset over these pardons, they are the one thing I agree with. In Oklahoma, if sell a $20 sack of weed in your house, you get 25 years, if you sell a $20 sack in Colorado, Cali, Oregon, Washington, you are not working hard enough. the disparity it ridiculous. There should not be mandatory minimums for drugs, only violent offenses. You can kill someone and get 5 years, but sell a drug and get 25 to life.

The only reason selling drugs is a crime is because it's steals from the pockets of government and those they legislate for (private prisons, police departments, lawyers etc...). Government isn't stupid... They're just greedy.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In all seriousness. It could be very interesting to see what happens with these people. It could make a hell of debate "gotcha".

"Well mr. President, thanks for allowing 4 people to be killed,3 women to be raped, 6 armed robberies to take place and x#'s of narcotics to be trafficked. By the way 32 of the men you let out are back in custody. Thank you Mr. President. "

Not that the GOP would actually have the brass to throw that one out there.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all seriousness. It could be very interesting to see what happens with these people. It could make a hell of debate "gotcha".

"Well mr. President, thanks for allowing 4 people to be killed,3 women to be raped, 6 armed robberies to take place and x#'s of narcotics to be trafficked. By the way 32 of the men you let out are back in custody. Thank you Mr. President. "

And it would have to happen. These are non-violent offenders.

My guess is that if they end up back in custody, their crimes will be non-violent and legal in several states.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It could also just as easily go down that Rick Perry, Trump or any of the dozen other candidates rail against being soft on crime, only to have it pointed out that few were arrested again and that many of the 'crimes' that they were convicted for are now considered far more minor, if not legal.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It could also just as easily go down that Rick Perry, Trump or any of the dozen other candidates rail against being soft on crime, only to have it pointed out that few were arrested again and that many of the 'crimes' that they were convicted for are now considered far more minor, if not legal.

That may very well be true. But there is also a flaw in the thinking that because an individual was apprehended for a "non-violent" offense, that individual is not prone to violence or other more serious criminal activity. A "stick-up kid" or a coke dealer are likely to have a bag of weed in their possession as much as a twerp stoner does when the flashing lights come around.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my perspective, the major issue is thinking that drugs should be criminalized. And it's quite ironic that this line of thinking typically comes from those that preach "individual liberty" and "get government out of personal choices" and "don't tread on me" and "smaller government", etc.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You didn't even bother to read my post before you posted this, did you? <sigh>

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they should probably be asking themselves why the bothered those people to begin with. The war on drugs is crap.

You will say that until some drug sucking piece of crap robs your wife, or breaks in your home to steal your hard earned possessions. Perhaps it will take someone in a drug induced stupor swerving across the center line of a highway killing your child to change your mind. Regardless, as we speak drugs are illegal, and so is the use of drugs. Someone has to stop it. I don't have the authority, that is left to law enforcement and the system.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will say that until some drug sucking piece of crap robs your wife, or breaks in your home to steal your hard earned possessions. Perhaps it will take someone in a drug induced stupor swerving across the center line of a highway killing your child to change your mind. Regardless, as we speak drugs are illegal, and so is the use of drugs. Someone has to stop it. I don't have the authority, that is left to law enforcement and the system.
Decriminalization of drugs would take care of most of the related issues you mention. There's plenty of evidence by observing other countries, or US states, in which they are legal. And when it comes to drug induced driving accidents, our fabulous legal drug--alcohol--is by far the leader in that arena.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Please tell me which of the statements below are false.

All drug users are violent criminals.

All violent criminals use drugs.

Alcohol is less dangerous than drugs.

All people who use drugs are unproductive.

Driving under the influence of alcohol is less dangerous than driving under the influence of marijuana.

All people who use drugs are drug addicts.

The war on drugs has created wealthy drug cartels.

Marijuana is illegal in all 50 states.

Latest posts

Top Bottom