Biden says executive orders may be used for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scary...

I really really hate it when people say this like he did too:

"Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking."

When I debate people on gun control or any other constitutional freedom they are trying to destroy, I always rebut this by saying "NO IT'S NOT WORTH IT!". It may sound callous at it's face, but when you consider the lives that are saved every day in acts of self-defense and more importantly, the concept of SECURING OUR FREEDOM with our ability to defend ourselves, then the math sways heavier on how many people you're saving with our 2nd Amendment rights. Our founding fathers knew this... too bad our morons in leadership now don't.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We told all you Obama supporters that he would try to use an Executive Order to push his gun control agenda. You called us nuts and supported him anyway. This whole gun control debacle rests on the heads of you Obama supporters. You gotta what you wanted. Go now, enjoy another glass of cool-aid.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Executive orders cannot be used to bypass Congress and create new law. It can only clarify existing law. This has already been determined.

The Supreme Court ruled in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 US 579 (1952) that Executive Order 10340 from President Harry S. Truman placing all steel mills in the country under federal control was invalid because it attempted to make law, rather than clarify or act to further a law put forth by the Congress or the Constitution. Presidents since this decision have generally been careful to cite which specific laws they are acting under when issuing new executive orders.

I found this statement particularly precious:

"There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet."

So, neither the VPOTUS nor the POTUS knows what an executive order really means, but it sounds pretty cool so, let's use it!

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We told all you Obama supporters that he would try to use an Executive Order to push his gun control agenda. You called us nuts and supported him anyway. This whole gun control debacle rests on the heads of you Obama supporters. You gotta what you wanted. Go now, enjoy another glass of cool-aid.

Yukonjack, you are, as is said "preaching to the choir". 2008 and 2012, not a single Oklahoma county voted for Obama, additionally in 2008 not a single Oklahoma district voted Obama. I doubt there are very many from outside Oklahoma that visit this forum, and even fewer gun control advocates.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the people that do these horrendous crimes , the mentally Ill, and the criminals are having a gathering somewhere to celebrate this.....Oh lets use the word...Circus!

.They Must be somehow gathering to Keep this ..Circus going

.Ya think They are paying big bucks for their boolits and weapons of mass destruction, What a ....Circus ,Jerks!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yukonjack, you are, as is said "preaching to the choir". 2008 and 2012, not a single Oklahoma county voted for Obama, additionally in 2008 not a single Oklahoma district voted Obama. I doubt there are very many from outside Oklahoma that visit this forum, and even fewer gun control advocates.

Seriously? I can count a whole slew of members on this very board that were staunch Obama supporters. Maybe you missed that part of the pre-election debate here on OSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom