Biden says executive orders may be used for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, that necessitates a new law. Reclassifying a semi-automatic AR platform rifle as a NFA weapon is an entirely new law. EO cannot do that. That's up to the Legislative Branch.

I believe the justice department will disagree. OE can do a lot of things, clarifying a law and sometimes writing new law, it all depends on how it is written. The emancipation proclamation was an EO.

an EO reclassifying guns to the NFA would likely hold up because it is using an existing law as its basis. would it get challenged? You bet, would the scotus uphold it, I think they would by the letter of the law, they would. An outright gun ban would violate the power of the executive branch because it creates a new law. An EO amending an existing law would be permissible, they do it all the time. Every president has issued EOs, even GW himself.

Shortly after the December 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor, President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued Executive Order 9066, directing the interment of more than 120,000 Japanese Americans, many of whom were U.S. citizens.

While highly illegal and eventually ruled as such and 20k reparations were paid to the people and estates of those interred, it was done with an EO and it took until the mid 1980s to get it ruled illegal. By that time, damage was done.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congress will be kept out of this. There's not enough votes on the Regime's side of this issue. This will be done via EO, with regulations, through the courts or through the banks. I'm betting they will use all of that. And, of course, the MSM will push this 'crisis' on us at every turn. 2013 is going to be an ugly year.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Granted, the White House might do whatever it wants. O'Dummy and Biden probably dress up in women's panties and dance to the score from "Rocky" for all I know.

But even Biden admits (in the posted article) he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's the ignorant lackey of One who is even more ignorant. Any EO they try to force will not be enforced. Period.

They enforced the previous AWB and didn't need a EO to do it. My point is, they're gonna use every available means - legal, ethical, moral, or otherwise - to take your guns.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing is for sure. They'll use whatever means they can find to "Assualt" our rights. So just watch all the directions they come from on this.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know why people debate. Very few will actually do anything. Most are going to law down and take the long d*ck of the law like a drunken friday night prom date............. I'm just wondering what will be the straw that finally breaks the camels back..

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
an EO reclassifying guns to the NFA would likely hold up because it is using an existing law as its basis. would it get challenged?

I don't think it would hold up. The NFA has pretty clearly defined terms and categories and it's nearly impossible to squeeze a non-sbr semi-auto in there.

That being said, they can use an EO to crack down on imports, tighten up oversight of and increase harassment of gun dealers, put the screws to firearms and ammo manufacturers, threaten to withold or "reevaluate" federal funding to states that don't agree to tighten up their own laws etc...

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We told all you Obama supporters that he would try to use an Executive Order to push his gun control agenda. You called us nuts and supported him anyway. This whole gun control debacle rests on the heads of you Obama supporters. You gotta what you wanted. Go now, enjoy another glass of cool-aid.

0bamazombies are either domestic enemies or useful idiots.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, that necessitates a new law. Reclassifying a semi-automatic AR platform rifle as a NFA weapon is an entirely new law. EO cannot do that. That's up to the Legislative Branch.

He violated and then rewrote secured credit and bankruptcy law without so much as a whimper while handling the "GM situation". You can quote whatever precedents you would like concerning legal decisions but the point is moot if the EO is not even challenged legally....

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama is a coward. EO on this matter is cheating. Put it to a vote of the people via Congress. If it doesn't make it through Congress, then the American people don't want it.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He violated and then rewrote secured credit and bankruptcy law without so much as a whimper while handling the "GM situation". You can quote whatever precedents you would like concerning legal decisions but the point is moot if not ev

yup, basically he goes pretty much unchecked with whatever he does.
Obama is a coward. EO on this matter is cheating. Put it to a vote of the people via Congress. If it doesn't make it through Congress, then the American people don't want it.
No offense but this is laughable. People in congress get done what benefits them in some way or the other. Its long past of "what the people want"

Latest posts

Top Bottom