big bore black rifle (left handed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't find a true left handed (not right handed with a deflector) AR10 type rifle, any suggestions? Also anyone have any experience with the 6.8 SPC compared to the .308? Stag is the only manufacturer that offers a big bore left hand, but it's 6.8 not the .308 that I want. all the other true leftys are 5.56/.223 and I already have one of those.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't find a true left handed (not right handed with a deflector) AR10 type rifle, any suggestions? Also anyone have any experience with the 6.8 SPC compared to the .308? Stag is the only manufacturer that offers a big bore left hand, but it's 6.8 not the .308 that I want. all the other true leftys are 5.56/.223 and I already have one of those.

If you're wanting the 6.8 why not just get the stag? That way you can have your 6.8 in a lefty.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Being a lefty, weapon manipulation is much easier with a standard AR, compared to how rightys do it.
Having that port right there in front of you is a good benefit, IMO

It's almost as advantageous as a lefty running a normal rt side ejecting shotgun.
Tjones, what is it about standard ARs that you don't like?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a lefty, weapon manipulation is much easier with a standard AR, compared to how rightys do it.

It's almost as advantageous as a lefty running a normal rt side ejecting shotgun.

I'm a lefty, too, and to be honest, I'm so used to right handed guns, a left-handed one would probably be awkward as heck.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I already have a Lefty STAG in 5.56 and it great. I want something with a little more oomph, 'case one of you fine gentlemen invite me to come shoot pigs...

I shot right handed rifles and shotguns till I was old enough to buy my own. I was never a very good shot with a shotgun watching that shell nearly take my eye out. A followup shot with a rifle was practically impossible, safeties on both were a pain in the a$$. After the first lefty there was no going back.I was like "so this is how the rest of the world lives".

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a lefty, too, and to be honest, I'm so used to right handed guns, a left-handed one would probably be awkward as heck.

Lots of people don't know this. If you look down the length of most guns (more shotguns than rifles) the stock will start to bend at the wrist. It's called cant. On a right handed gun it brings the rear sight closer to the eye of a right handed shooter. On a lefty it pulls it away, making it more awkward to get your head down on the gun.
When you get a chance pick up a gun that is canted for a left handed shooter. It is amazing how well it shoulders, and how much better it will make you shoot.:D

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there not gunsmith-built stripped lefty AR-10 uppers out there? That away, you could build a rifle to your own liking.

I guess you would need a lefty BCG as well - no one makes these in .308?

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there not gunsmith-built stripped lefty AR-10 uppers out there? That away, you could build a rifle to your own liking.

I guess you would need a lefty BCG as well - no one makes these in .308?

Not that I can find, but I have been looking for complete rifles. I just got into the AR stuff and have never even had the one that I own broken down. So buying parts and pieces to put together myself would be like a blind man buying books.

Latest posts

Top Bottom