Big boys guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm heading out there this morning to pick up a new blue label Glock 17 and to try out their range. I've been there a few times but never for the range.
I'm looking forward to it.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I both enjoy Big Boy's range. FYI - IIRC Big Boy's has "Ladies Night" every Monday night 5-8 PM (1/2 price range time for women). They have a female instructor who remains around that Monday evening in case any of the women have questions and are perhaps shy about talking to male instructors (or their own husbands) about shooting issues.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does the Big Boys range host any matches?

Yes. They have GSSF matches and others as well. Great place; the more I go, the better I like this range. I also spoke to the owner and asked him about tables or benches as mentioned above: He said he had thought about that, but was concerned over the security aspect with people loading mags and guns back on the tables rather than on the benchtop at the firing line. He was very pleasant to talk to about it and I have no problem with his answer. I can handle a little inconvenience to ensure Bubba doesn't plug me with his unsafe self all loading mags and then sweeping the line.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are we not supposed to load mags behind the line? Sanford and I were sharing a lane and we were loading our mags at the back while we took turns shooting from the line. Weapons stayed at the line.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are we not supposed to load mags behind the line? Sanford and I were sharing a lane and we were loading our mags at the back while we took turns shooting from the line. Weapons stayed at the line.

I don't think that was his point; he was telling me that "Bubba" might load mags and then his weapon behind the line...

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always loaded my mags in back with the weapon on the line. I think the concern is som one loading the mag in back and putting the mag in the gun and walking to the line like that.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just checking. Ive been there a number of times but that doesn't mean I couldn't have forgotten a procedure they want us t follow.
IIRC the RSO saw us and didn't seem to have any problem with what we were doing porbably because our weapons never left the line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom