Big pocket shorts or cargo pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure about their shorts, but I pocket carry with Dickies jeans all the time. Big pockets in their jeans and their Flex series work pants. The additional material added in the 'crotchial' region means no more split britches if you crouch down to quickly and split the seam of your pants. Ask me how I know....

Last edited:

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the CQR cargo shorts from Amazon for their generous pockets. They're really comfortable and so far are durable. They're made of ripstop so fairly lightweight for summertime use. I think mine are the coyote color and the only con I would say is that water really shows up on the surface. If you go to the bathroom and get reckless washing your hands you'll come out of the bathroom looking like the lil guy got away from ya at the worst time. Lol. Luckily they dry fairly quickly and they would probably benefit from being scotchbrite coated or some other waterproofing.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vertx makes pants with a hidden zipper pocket “behind” the right front pocket. Can slip a J frame or .380 in it and be next to unnoticeable. I throw my cash and ID in that pocket when traveling. They’re some of the highest quality pants I’ve owned, not that that’s saying much.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to buy the Redhead brand cargo shorts from Bass Pro for this very reason. I haven't bought any from there since the never, so I'm not sure if they are available there anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom