Bill of sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

I posted the other because OP asked. I do not ask / want anything but $$$$ for gun or vice versa. Have had 1 person ask for BoS. Used what posted earlier. Signed my name "Fred Flintstone". NO ID shown or personal info exchanged by either party. Threw my copy away, didn't want / need it. He was happy, happy, happy.

Have also been contacted by PD when a sweet lil Chief's Special I had was used in a crime in Dallas. I lived in Houston, was at work with many witnesses at the time of the crime. Gun had been reported as stolen 6 months earlier and I had a copy of PR. PD left. After numerous calls to Dallas PD, I NEVER got my CS back, BTW.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've started asking for bill of sales on all my tool sales. You never know when one of them might be used in a crime and I don't want them tracing the fingerprints I left of them back to me.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone wants to see my DL for Residency proof I would be fine...If someone wants to write down my information so they have it, I'll pass.

It's a 2 fold reason: 1) It's not required 2) Who is a seller to think they can have my information on file?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy on a motorcycle forum had a firearm for sale a few years ago I was ready to buy, but he wanted a photocopy of my ID to keep along with signed bills of sale. I even like the guy he's okay for a Fed, but I am not going to do it ever for anyone. I don't mind giving a bill of sale with my name and the firearm description to a buyer. If it's ever stolen and the buyer wishes to recover from police property he may need that proof of ownership. Beyond that I will not give any more information and as a buyer I don't particularly care to give a seller anything other than my name.

I take care of the ownership issue by keeping a database of my firearms with photo's and serial numbers and add them, or remove them form an insurance PAP.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy on a motorcycle forum had a firearm for sale a few years ago I was ready to buy, but he wanted a photocopy of my ID to keep along with signed bills of sale. I even like the guy he's okay for a Fed, but I am not going to do it ever for anyone. I don't mind giving a bill of sale with my name and the firearm description to a buyer. If it's ever stolen and the buyer wishes to recover from police property he may need that proof of ownership. Beyond that I will not give any more information and as a buyer I don't particularly care to give a seller anything other than my name.

I take care of the ownership issue by keeping a database of my firearms with photo's and serial numbers and add them, or remove them form an insurance PAP.

I usually don't give them that much info. I really don't like giving them my Benjamins, but it's hard to made the deal without that small transaction, but I gotta try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom