This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a Fender Stratocaster 1969 with a maple neck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not seen a legit 69 Strat in some time now. If you are going to spend the $$$ to get a real '69, you best get a plane ticket and go look at it before buying it.

Norm's Rare Guitars had one but sold ... gives you an idea of a baseline price. I would suggest calling Norm's up and seeing if they have anything that has come in.
https://www.normansrareguitars.com/1969-fender-stratocaster-3-tone-sunburst-56122216.html
George Gruhn over in Nashville has a Custom Shop '69 ... not a real '69 but not a real lot of money either ($5,000). Personally, I have seen some great guitars from Fender's Custom Shop (I have two ... one Fender built as a gift for me when my daughter was born) and some that were well, nice.
https://guitars.com/inventory/ef103...ratocaster-bone-tone-journeyman-aged-charcoal
Every now and then, Jimmy Wallace in Garland, TX gets some nice guitars in. Might want to cruise his website or call to see what they might have coming in.

Another option is check out any vintage guitar shows. The Dallas show comes back in May.

Good hunting.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not seen a legit 69 Strat in some time now. If you are going to spend the $$$ to get a real '69, you best get a plane ticket and go look at it before buying it.

Norm's Rare Guitars had one but sold ... gives you an idea of a baseline price. I would suggest calling Norm's up and seeing if they have anything that has come in.
https://www.normansrareguitars.com/1969-fender-stratocaster-3-tone-sunburst-56122216.html
George Gruhn over in Nashville has a Custom Shop '69 ... not a real '69 but not a real lot of money either ($5,000). Personally, I have seen some great guitars from Fender's Custom Shop (I have two ... one Fender built as a gift for me when my daughter was born) and some that were well, nice.
https://guitars.com/inventory/ef103...ratocaster-bone-tone-journeyman-aged-charcoal
Every now and then, Jimmy Wallace in Garland, TX gets some nice guitars in. Might want to cruise his website or call to see what they might have coming in.

Another option is check out any vintage guitar shows. The Dallas show comes back in May.

Good hunting.
They are out there. If it takes some years, it'll be worth it. I'll have to beat Joe Bonamassa to it first. That guy has a knack for picking up some good ones.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What draws you to 69?
I was wondering the same thing.

Heck, I can't play three chords on a guitar but if I could afford to I would collect them.

I had an '83 Stratocaster Elite that I sold twenty some odd years ago because a friend of mine was begging me for it. It's worth substantially more now than what I sold it for.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing.

Heck, I can't play three chords on a guitar but if I could afford to I would collect them.

I had an '83 Stratocaster Elite that I sold twenty some odd years ago because a friend of mine was begging me for it. It's worth substantially more now than what I sold it for.
I can't play. I only became interested in guitars when my son started playing.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What draws you to 69? Myself, always liked the “V” necks on 57’s. Someday I may get one.
David Gimour played one. "Gilmours black strat". He made some custom changes to his, but it's pretty close to what he played. Like I've said, I'm into the collection aspect. I don't play. Plus, it's something I can leave to my son.

Latest posts

Top Bottom