Black Dog Machine 25rd mags for the 10/22?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested hearing for anybody that has used their mags. I am planning to order some for a ciener mini-14 22lr conversion.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't used any of their stuff (yet) but everything that I have heard about BDM has been top shelf all the way.

Even to the point of them redesigning the follower one of their mags and then offering it free of charge to anyone who owned the previous generation.

Other than reputation, can't say anything else. Yet.

Dave

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the factory 10 rounder?
I've had nothing but trouble. Cartridges get stuck in the magazine and will not feed. Have you had that problem?
I bought a whole bunch of Remington 22s and I suspect that they are out of specs. I plan to get some other ammo one of these days to see what happens.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The factory mags will start gumming up and jamming if you don't take them apart and clean them every so often. Its not too hard to do. Run a search on Google and you will find instructions.

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have good luck with the factory 10 rd mags. I usually have to take them apart for a good cleaning every year. There is a lot of good info on keeping them running on rimfirecentral.com

I've had nothing but trouble. Cartridges get stuck in the magazine and will not feed. Have you had that problem?
I bought a whole bunch of Remington 22s and I suspect that they are out of specs. I plan to get some other ammo one of these days to see what happens.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm having problems with brand new magazines, the cartridge sticks about a third of the way down; that's why I suspect the ammo.
Glad to see I'm the only one with this problem, it points even more towards the ammo.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Never had any problems with the factory 10rd mags until they get really dirty. Take them apart, clean them and they are back to 100%.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got 5 or 6 Black Dog mags that I use in my .22 ar. I run the crap out of them with bulk ammo. They were a little problematic in the beginning but properly cleaning and lubing them made all the difference. Apart from the spring and screws that hold them together they are all plastic. I've litterally put 1000's of rounds through the first one I got. I would expect that their 10/22 mag would be similar as far as perfomance...

Latest posts

Top Bottom