Black Kettle WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuacarrifee35

Marksman
Reaction score
20221217_102540.jpg

Attachments

• 20221217_124203.jpg
    20221217_124203.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably shouldn't post it here. But if your a bow hunter optima national wildlife refuge is the sleeper spot for big okla deer.no amenities since the park was taken out in 2010 or so but some serious deer.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BK has some nice bucks taken every year. As @Shinneryfarmer and others said, rifle season is crazy usually, as is primitive season, but bow season is usually easy access in most spots. I used to try to hunt where there were no vehicles parked, or minimal numbers. Thats quite a chore sometimes though! If you get up here, give me a holler and I can give you as much info as I can.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't even know you could do that...I guess out of hunting season and as long as you had a valid fishing license?
You can fish year round if you want as far as I know it's all public.only real restrictions I can think of is parking and riding horses during hunting seasons. When I grew up that all was like our back yard. Miles and miles of really bad roads. Oil field fixed the roads and really opened it up to the public in many places. Probably some trapping restrictions as I recall also come to think of it.

joshuacarrifee35

Marksman
Reaction score
I was a little hesitant to start this forum. Being a out of stater didn't know how people would react. But I wanna say thanks to everyone whom gave advice to me Being from Arizona we are probably 90 percent public land so going to Oklahoma is gonna be a fun and great hunt I'm really looking forward to it. So if anyone sees a rad silverado with Arizona plates at black kettle it will be me and stop and say what's up. Thanks again

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can camp in the parking areas, skipout lake is not too far with a camping area and there's some good hunting around that. but I'm not sure you can hike in and camp, but i would contact the wildlife dept to make sure. I just logged on to tell you motels and things are very limited, pretty much just in Cheyenne unless you stay at the guest ranch west of there. so, if you're planning on getting a room, you'd better book it now. back when the quail population was high, they would stay booked a couple years in advance. plenty in elk city and a few in sayre but those are a fair distance away. nothing much in Reydon, berlin, roll or any of the other small towns around anymore. be ready for some cold weather when you come, I've seen it below 0 many times, and it can be 50 one day and 0 the next.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please use a map showing the government land at BK. Maps available at Forestry office in Cheyenne. We have family owned land there and have had trouble over the years with trespassing. “I thought this was government land.” The fine is substantial and can be written by state game rangers as well as county sheriff personnel. Caught people shooting at deer down the middle of county road in front of BIL house. $250.00 fine.
Get a map!

Latest posts

Top Bottom