Black Ops: Which platform will you be using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which platform will you be playing COD:Black Ops?

• Total voters

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a PS3 a few days ago and have no multi-player games. How many of you PS3 owners will be playing Black Ops?

Also, can you recommend any other fun multi-player games on PS3 either for online or for connected 1-3 other controllers and playing with friends and family?

I've already ordered COD:BO for pc, but was thinking I might pick it up for PS3 as well.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife thinks I dont' need to buy it cause I never play MW2 anymore so I have been playing the hell out of it the last few days. I'm off thursday and friday so I may pick it up and ask forgiveness later

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be playing on PS3. My order is in "Shipping Soon" status. :D

If you like driving games, check out Burnout Paradise. It can be bought on disc or downloaded through the Playstation Store, it's like $20 or $30. It's a HUGE game in terms of objectives, goals, cars, and map size, plus there's extra content for download.

For a top-down analog shooter game, I love Super Stardust HD. It's one of the oldest games of the type available, but still my favorite.

For a relaxing experience, check out Flower.. it's great in high-def and can really calm your nerves.

For local multiplayer, check out the Buzz trivia game.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PS3 for me. Just always been a PS guy. I like playing on-line, but I usually get my a#@ kicked by all the youngn's. lol. Campaigns are really my favorite part of the games though.

Rshep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ill be getting it on the 360 if I get it, treyarchs track record doesn't make me think this is going to be a very fun game... I"ll probably rent it first and if it is better than MW2 I'll buy it, but I don't see it happening.

Rshep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, which is best? I guess PC unless one of the others is better - are they? Faster/better graphics/ anything?

The PSN is free to play online but is sketchy on its reliability.
XBL costs money monthly or yearly, however you want to buy it but it always works and is much more reliable.
I can't say about the PC, I don't have any experience there.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, which is best? I guess PC unless one of the others is better - are they? Faster/better graphics/ anything?

I haven't gamed on a PC in many, many years (Quakeworld) but have always been a console gamer. Because of that, don't take what I'm saying as fact, as it's only my assumption.

I would think better would be on one of the consoles. The PC may offer better graphics (at least processing), but seeing that most sales will be for the 360, that's what they're going to focus most of their attention on. So patches, downloadable content, etc could possibly hit the 360 first before it hits PS3 or PC.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PSN is free to play online but is sketchy on its reliability.
XBL costs money monthly or yearly, however you want to buy it but it always works and is much more reliable.
I can't say about the PC, I don't have any experience there.

I'm not attempting to start a fanboy flamewar, nor will I participate if one ignites, but have you ever played through PSN?

I've seen more XBL outages than I have PSN outages, like that 2+ week outage a couple of years ago. Once I'm connected into the game, I really don't see any difference between playing through XBL or PSN except for seeing "Hit (square) or X to reload" on the screen.

I understand there's more options and general content available on XBL, which is worth the price over the free content of the PSN, but as far as playing CoD games online, there's not really any difference at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom