Black Ops: Which platform will you be using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which platform will you be playing COD:Black Ops?

• Total voters

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not attempting to start a fanboy flamewar, nor will I participate if one ignites, but have you ever played through PSN?

I've seen more XBL outages than I have PSN outages, like that 2+ week outage a couple of years ago. Once I'm connected into the game, I really don't see any difference between playing through XBL or PSN except for seeing "Hit (square) or X to reload" on the screen.

I understand there's more options and general content available on XBL, which is worth the price over the free content of the PSN, but as far as playing CoD games online, there's not really any difference at all.

I agree. I RARELY have any issues when I am playing online. Every now and then i get a slow connection but thats on my router. I have never had any issues whatsoever. XBL I have seen go out many a times.

izahuh

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree. I RARELY have any issues when I am playing online. Every now and then i get a slow connection but thats on my router. I have never had any issues whatsoever. XBL I have seen go out many a times.

I'm not sure what reference you are using as to the "many" outages from XBL...I don't recall ever having one during the MW2 season and from [email protected]s at least 2 years from the 8 year run on live....but anybody and everybody knows you get what you pay for...

izahuh

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ill be getting it on the 360 if I get it, treyarchs track record doesn't make me think this is going to be a very fun game... I"ll probably rent it first and if it is better than MW2 I'll buy it, but I don't see it happening.

To which track record you refer to? W@W was a very well and organized game, the only reason that it wasn't as wide spread because of the era of weaponry that took more skill to kill somebody due to ROF and Sights...MW2 is a broken game, the pros stop playing and taking it seriously months ago...a big blue ball experience...Treyarch actually has done better market research and coincidentally is adopting the same game options like Bungie for Halo:Reach...and thats a good thing...

tb556

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ill be getting it on the 360 if I get it, treyarchs track record doesn't make me think this is going to be a very fun game... I"ll probably rent it first and if it is better than MW2 I'll buy it, but I don't see it happening.

360 for me, but I won't be playing online.

+1 on Treyarch producing inferior CoD games compared Infinity Ward. Too bad IW won't be making them anymore, although the guys who do a lot of multiplayer seem to prefer the Treyarch games. I only do single player.

I'm probably going to wait a while and pick up a used copy cheap on eBay. I'm doing the same with the new Medal of Honor. The shorter campaigns just aren't worth the full $60 to me.

I do have Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood pre-ordered. I know I'll get my money's worth on that one.

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, which is best? I guess PC unless one of the others is better - are they? Faster/better graphics/ anything?

Hands down, the gaming experience is better on the PC. The graphics are better, the map packs are free (unlike XBOX/PS3), and you don't have anywhere near the issues as you do on XBox Live or PSN.

Furthermore, the precision in which you can control your player is much better than you'll find on any of the consoles.

I've said many times that it would be cool if gamers could compete across the platform such as XBox vs PC vs PSN but it would grow old for the console gamers because they would be slaughtered when going up against PC gamers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom