Blaze Orange question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Orange beanie over my camo hat and orange on my jacket, I don't want to be a statistic. Sucks if you're an OU fan like myself but I don't want to be confused for deer. I too hunt private land but you never know who's on the other side.

All the gag gifts from OSU fans get used for deer hunting. Oh, and halloween.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you required to wear Blaze orange (for Deer gun) when you're in a stand/blind? I could have sworn I read something in the regs that said once you're in a blind (which seems logical since it wouldn't be seen) or in a stand, you aren't required to wear it - now I can't seem to find it.

I know on the way to/from the blind/stand we wear vests/hats, but once we climb into our 15ft stand (which has a blind that covers 3/4 of us), we always take our vests off and flip the hats around to camo - is this against the regs or am I just not looking in the right spot now?

Nothing in the regs give one permission to remove their orange.
Common sense would make sure its never removed.
I hunt everything from a board in the crotch of a tree to a full blown box blind.
I never remove my orange.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can be 15' in the air, but lower in elevation than another hunter.

could be a big deal is some guy is shooting at a running deer, not really concentrating on being safe - then out of the blue he gets a glimse of your orange in the tree. keeps him from pulling the trigger.

at the check station the other day, a guy brought a buck in that i bet was shot in 5 places, butt, back, leg, neck, etc., none of them in the vitals. very ugly.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
at the check station the other day, a guy brought a buck in that i bet was shot in 5 places, butt, back, leg, neck, etc., none of them in the vitals. very ugly.

That's ridiculous. No ethics. If I can't make one shot, I don't take it. People like that should not be allowed to hunt.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had some people hunting on the neighboring land that would fire 4 to 5 shots ever time they started shooting at a deer. I was talking about that the whole trip. I killed two deer and fired two shots. I guess not everyone understands that bullet placement is everything in this game.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After receiving a $220 ticket last year for not wearing enough orange, I start with orange socks followed by by orange pants and boots. Then I put on an orange t-shirt and jacket. After I'm dressed I grab my gun and and orange flag and wave it merrily all the way to my stand!

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After receiving a $220 ticket last year for not wearing enough orange, I start with orange socks followed by by orange pants and boots. Then I put on an orange t-shirt and jacket. After I'm dressed I grab my gun and and orange flag and wave it merrily all the way to my stand!

:lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom