Block heater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, sort of on this topic.

One of our Service Managers told me about this last week. Finally got the app on my phone and super excited about it.

I have a company truck; 2022 F250 with 6.2l gasser. They tuypically get us the XLT models. But the last several years with supply chain issues they got what they could. THey replace our trucks every 5 years or 150K miles and will typically get the truck ordered at about 125K miles. THe truck I got new in Feb 2023, when I did a VIN lookup it showed it was actually built as an XL model and then upfitted with what the company requires. However, it still lacks features like power driver's seat, accessory switchs, remote start and some other nice features to have. Not having electric start, IMO, sucks.

Then my Service Manager told me about the Ford Pass app. put it on your phone like any other app, set up an account and put your intel in along with the trucks VIN and some other basic info. BOOM! This app give you remote start anywhere in the world, lock/unlock feature, make horn and lights activate for 5-10 seconds, oil life remaining, tire pressure monitoring and you can even set up a scheduled auto remote start at a predetermined time every day. It's a super cool feature for any newer (not sure how many years back it will work) Ford vehicles.
Yeah I will say. When I worked at the city of Tulsa they have a contract with Ford and one of the foremans got that app and it is super cool. Also, remote start in this cold is a must

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

One of our Service Managers told me about this last week. Finally got the app on my phone and super excited about it.

I have a company truck; 2022 F250 with 6.2l gasser. They tuypically get us the XLT models. But the last several years with supply chain issues they got what they could. THey replace our trucks every 5 years or 150K miles and will typically get the truck ordered at about 125K miles. THe truck I got new in Feb 2023, when I did a VIN lookup it showed it was actually built as an XL model and then upfitted with what the company requires. However, it still lacks features like power driver's seat, accessory switchs, remote start and some other nice features to have. Not having electric start, IMO, sucks.

Then my Service Manager told me about the Ford Pass app. put it on your phone like any other app, set up an account and put your intel in along with the trucks VIN and some other basic info. BOOM! This app give you remote start anywhere in the world, lock/unlock feature, make horn and lights activate for 5-10 seconds, oil life remaining, tire pressure monitoring and you can even set up a scheduled auto remote start at a predetermined time every day. It's a super cool feature for any newer (not sure how many years back it will work) Ford vehicles.
2018 is when it came out I think. Ford made it free in 2019. My wife's bronco has it, it's pretty handy when it's hot or cold and you don't want to get into a hot or cold vehicle.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My 250 Lariat has those features. There are some YouTube hacks one can research as well to change the video screen to read Raptor and so on at startup.
Saw another today that referenced F-150 cup holders. The upper one has a little cover on the bottom one can remove, drop the fob in there if the battery fails in the fob to start the vehicle.
I'm going to see if that feature is available on mine. Must have the pushbutton start it said.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I will say. When I worked at the city of Tulsa they have a contract with Ford and one of the foremans got that app and it is super cool. Also, remote start in this cold is a must

Some people are just wimpy and can't handle a little cold. Our Expedition has the remote start, and I've never used it.

:comfort:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2002 Dodge RAM 2500 4x4 5.9L Cummins 5 Speed Manual Flat Bed came with a Factory Block Heater installed when I purchased it new in October 2001. In cold weather, when temperatures drop below freezing, the heat makes a significant difference with easier starting and faster warmup. It’s worth the extra cost of installation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom