Blockbuster Video In Backruptcy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Movie rentals are going by way of the CD...

Download only.

I read the article, Carl C. Icahn is one of the investors. This guy is bad news, whatever he touches he destroys. His greatest achievement was the destruction of TWA.

What download services are there?
I thought if you download you can only play it on the computer.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped using blockbuster about 4 years ago when they told me I had to pay them 30.00 for some movies they said I didn't return I told them I put the movies in the return slot and the lady actually called me a thief. Well one of the employees finally had the brains to go look and the movies had fallen off to the side where they couldn't be found without a light and some looking. Now the only money I spend at blockbuster is when one of their stores closes and I can buy dvd's for 1.00, and I really like netflix and now that a lot of devices on the market will let you get on the web and watch movies from netflix on your tv that is nice.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the article, Carl C. Icahn is one of the investors. This guy is bad news, whatever he touches he destroys. His greatest achievement was the destruction of TWA.

What download services are there?
I thought if you download you can only play it on the computer.

Ichan owns 30% of Blockbuster. I only wish it was 100%. Nothing is too bad to happen to that piece of dirt. (But I'm not bitter . . . had lots of friends at TWA) CB

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even Netflix isn't standing still. The download mentioned above works very nicely for some friends of mine. We haven't gone to it yet because we don't have time to watch that many movies right now, but it's what's next.

Blockbuster was dead when Netflix mailed the first red envelope. I knew it, and so did lots of folks. They had their head in the sand and refused to examine their business model. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ichan owns 30% of Blockbuster. I only wish it was 100%. Nothing is too bad to happen to that piece of dirt. (But I'm not bitter . . . had lots of friends at TWA) CB

Carl POS Ichan was nothing but a corporate raider. Very similar to the POS Boone Pickins.
Find a company not smart enough to run themselves, where the raiders would come in and guarentee that they would work for no salary unless they could build up the bottom line by 20% or so within a given time.
the companies always bit the bait, and hired them......soon after they would fire all of the company execs, reduce salaries, and fire all senior employees, kicking them out of their pensions.
Yet, by golly they got the 20% they promised, and left the company to founder and die.....

I wanna puke whenever Boone Pickens shows up on TV as a great benefactor of OSU.
Its on the blood, sweat and tears of workers all over the US.:explode:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carl POS Ichan was nothing but a corporate raider. Very similar to the POS Boone Pickins.
Find a company not smart enough to run themselves, where the raiders would come in and guarentee that they would work for no salary unless they could build up the bottom line by 20% or so within a given time.
the companies always bit the bait, and hired them......soon after they would fire all of the company execs, reduce salaries, and fire all senior employees, kicking them out of their pensions.
Yet, by golly they got the 20% they promised, and left the company to founder and die.....

I wanna puke whenever Boone Pickens shows up on TV as a great benefactor of OSU.
Its on the blood, sweat and tears of workers all over the US.:explode:

I'm guessin you're not gonna like Wall Street, redux.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessin you're not gonna like Wall Street, redux.

I've made a ton of money from Wall Street.
I'm just not in favor of people that rape the company to make a personal profit.
Some may construe it to be the "American way" but a true Corporate structure must include integrity and honesty.
The ones that do, are still in business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom