bloomberg-sometimes its ok for the guberment to infringe on your freedoms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
HOMENEWSPOLITICSRADIOLOG INE-MAIL ALERTSSUBSCRIBECLASSIFIEDSE-EDITION
NYC Mayor Bloomberg: Government has right to ‘infringe on your freedom’
COMMENTS (1224)SIZE: + / -PRINT
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on google_plusone_shareShare on redditShare on linkedinShare on stumbleuponShare on emailMore Sharing Services
By Cheryl K. Chumley-The Washington Times Monday, March 25, 2013

Enlarge Photo

**FILE** New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg speaks during a news conference ... more >
RELATED STORIES
Ted Cruz's 'Big Gulp Amendment' latest mockery of Bloomberg soda ban
BLOG ENTRIES
N.Y. Mayor Bloomberg: 'I think I have a responsibility ... to try to make this country safer'
STORY TOPICS
Bloomberg
NBC

FOLLOW US ONFACEBOOKQUESTION OF THE DAY
The Senate passed its first budget in four years. Will the next budget it passes happen before 2017?

Yes

No

Undecided

Other

View results

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said on Sunday: Sometimes government does know best. And in those cases, Americans should just cede their rights.

“I do think there are certain times we should infringe on your freedom,” Mr. Bloomberg said, during an appearance on NBC. He made the statement during discussion of his soda ban — just shot down by the courts — and insistence that his fight to control sugary drink portion sizes in the city would go forth.

SEE RELATED: N.Y. Mayor Bloomberg: ‘I think I have a responsibility … to try to make this country safer’
“We think the judge was just clearly wrong on this,” he said, on NBC. “Our Department of Health has the legal ability to do this. … [They’re] not banning anything.”

Mr. Bloomberg’s remaining months in office have included a firestorm of regulations and policy pushes on wide range of issues. Aside from the soda size ban and a well-publicized call for tighter gun control, another contentious policy he pushed: Nudging hospitals to lock up baby formula to force mothers to breast-feed newborns.

© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...government-has-right-infringe-/#ixzz2OakBDKoF
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“I do think there are certain times we should infringe on your freedom,” Mr. Bloomberg

i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_24216673_dealwithit_gif.gif

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“I do think there are certain times we should infringe on your freedom,”

Hum. How do I put this in a way you can understand Mr. Mayor? I do think that there are certain times you should pucker up and kiss my ass! I don't give a flip if you were talking about soda pop or not. RIGHTS ARE RIGHTS! They are NOT negotiable, EVER. If you don't like it get the hell out of the country!

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like how he said "your freedom" as if there are two different freedoms. One set for the rulers, and one set for the rest of us.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He needs to go away.

Gonna be real interesting to see the outcome of the next election.. We will get to see how new yorkers think. Not up on NY politics and not sure if he will be running. If he runs and they keep him we are all doomed as this will be the way this country is headed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom