BMW to charge monthly subscription for...heated seats????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Subscription service models are the new way to generate a more consistent revenue stream. Microsoft is steadily moving that direction with Office, expect the operating system to be a subscription service soon.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s ******** but someone will pay it. My wife’s new Toyota has an app that you could lock the doors from and see where it was parked. For the first year. Didn’t want to pay the monthly fee so no more remote locking. Oh well.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s ******** but someone will pay it. My wife’s new Toyota has an app that you could lock the doors from and see where it was parked. For the first year. Didn’t want to pay the monthly fee so no more remote locking. Oh well.
Yeah, but there is an ongoing cost to Toyota to provide that service, so there's at least some justification for charging for that. If BMW is going to charge for the ability to remotely turn on and set the temperature for the heated seats, I could understand that, but if they're just charging a subscription fee for the ability to use the butt warmers that are already in the car, nein danke, Herr Zipse.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can start/stop, lock, unlock our F-250 for free from anywhere in the world as long as there is cell service on both ends. Also turns on the A/C in a reduced mode. Don’t know about the heated seats though. Have to check that out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom