BMW to charge monthly subscription for...heated seats????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've been thinking the big switch to EV's will run along with this. the first and most likely wear item to fail on a EV is the battery; and you can't really replace it yourself.

this means that used cars.....won't really be a thing. people will just buy a new one and scrap the old one. there won't be repairs.
Yup, may be the case, however 98% of the cars on the road now are gasoline or diesel, git to get rid of them through planned obsolescence, laws, or making them to darn expensive to drive and making people put up with the inconvenience of electric vehicles (20 minute and usually more charging times, reduced range under heavy load, lack of charging facilities, reduced tire life). To get rid of ICE by 2035 or sooner is just plain silly.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading about the electric Zero bikes. They sell a 'standard' hotrod model bike for about $22k. Then, you apparently can 'add' another $6k of options via software activation. So, hand warmers and fast charge abilities among other things are already on the bike, but you have to pay to activate them. So, electric bike too slow to charge? Just pay another $1495 and they'll activate the fast charge via software update.

Ridiculous. If I wanted one, this would be a permanent deal killer.

Unrelated but fun fact, the bike isn't allowed on many tracks because if they catch fire they'll burn 3-5 hours. Apparently most tracks don't have the equipment necessay to extinguish them. Also something to think about when you straddle one, I'd think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom