Bobcat season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must also have a fur license which covers bobcat, raccoon, river otter, grey and red fox. You must have this in conjunction with a hunting license.

Scott

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lifetime license holders are exempt from the fur license, but NOT the trapping license. If you hold an annual license, you are not exempt.

A fur license (bobcat-raccoon-river otter-gray/red fox license) is required for all (regardless of age) who take these species by any means (trapping, firearms or archery) unless exempt. The fur license is valid from Dec. 1, 2009 - Feb. 28, 2010.

Lifetime hunting or combination license holders or senior citizen hunting or senior citizen combination license holders must purchase a trapping license to trap, but are exempt from the fur license

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/furbearer.htm

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend called me this evening, and said he had ran over a bobcat, and it wasn't torn up at all and wanted to know if I wanted it. I told him how to get on the ODW site and find a fur buyer, and he might get some $$ for it, but he said he didn't want to mess with it, so I guess, I'll go get it and get a tag for it.
For those that don't know, you have to take your cat to a GW or a ODW station and they will attach a tag to it that is required. If you have to freeze it for taxidermy, and can't get it to a GW right away, they suggest to take a screwdriver, and insert it between the outer lip and teeth, extending into the eye socket, and then put something in there like a ball point pen to keep it open so that it can be tagged without having to take the time to defrost it. FYI

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^

Cool, free bobcat! No way I'd let that sucker go to waste.

I would have told people I called it in with a truck engine and tire noise. "Came right into one of my lanes, and I made a pretty good hit on him." :wink2:

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend called me this evening, and said he had ran over a bobcat, and it wasn't torn up at all and wanted to know if I wanted it. I told him how to get on the ODW site and find a fur buyer, and he might get some $$ for it, but he said he didn't want to mess with it, so I guess, I'll go get it and get a tag for it.
For those that don't know, you have to take your cat to a GW or a ODW station and they will attach a tag to it that is required. If you have to freeze it for taxidermy, and can't get it to a GW right away, they suggest to take a screwdriver, and insert it between the outer lip and teeth, extending into the eye socket, and then put something in there like a ball point pen to keep it open so that it can be tagged without having to take the time to defrost it. FYI

I take mine to glen up in honeywell kansas. He's just up the road from you. Dont let him give you any sh%t. He can be a little rude at times. But he always pays pretty good. www.kanoklafurco.com

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, know him well. Your description is spot on:D

My first year i used him i killed 3 cats all in one morning, man was i proud. I took them up to him and he called 2 of them "FREAK" cats. I still have the reciept that says, 1 small cat at $35 and 2 freak cats at $3 each. Man was i ready to fight! The more you do business with him the better he gets. I did get $185 out of one cat in 2007
ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_3cats.jpg

ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_3cats_2.jpg

And here are some more he bought from me.
ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_000_0021.jpg

ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_100_0348.jpg

ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_CATDOG.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom